Head of Sales Technology
- New York, NY
GLG's Core Engineering team builds the technology eco-system that enables effective and efficient operations for the company globally. Our team of engineers are laser focused on deploying technology solutions that instrument the business, modernize the systems stack, increase cybersecurity maturity, and enable enterprise productivity.
Reporting to the CIO, the Head of Sales Technology will be an evangelist and change agent to drive GLG's sales technology modernization and digital transformation. They will lead an agile team of talented Salesforce engineers and systems analysts who will drive forward the Sales organization's most important initiatives, including the professionalizing of the CRM . This individual will partner closely with a variety of senior stakeholders to pioneer and implement best-in-class sales tools, strategies & processes to foster a high-growth, data driven Sales organization.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Own GLG's Salesforce instance including administration, hygiene, innovation, maturity (including migration to Lightning) and the CRM roadmap to increase effectiveness for the business.
- Partner with business stakeholders across all levels to deliver value and reduce identified common friction points.
- Provide routine updates, validation of releases, evaluation, testing, and rollout of new Salesforce integrated applications.
- Collaborate with business leaders to create data driven sales dashboards, that increase visibility of the sales' team performance, KPIs, and account health.
- Collaborate with product and core engineering teams on Salesforce's integrations with GLG products.
- Innovate new capabilities that optimize Salesforce data hygiene and enrichment.
- Define and lead the data and systems architecture plan for sales.
- Work closely with the sales leadership team to inspect all of our sales processes to qualify and identify opportunities for improvement that will drive productivity.
- Partner with the SalesOps team and business leaders to define account ownership and territories.
- Collaborate with the SalesOps to analyze and report on sales pipeline data, performance, and other KPIs.
- Participate in monthly and quarterly planning for the Sales team as part of the company's planning process.
- Analyze and report on the ROI of Sales Technology projects.
- Work across stakeholders to identify operational process recommendations and system improvements that can be made based to existing workflows, decreasing time intensity of sales and central operations.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 15 years of applicable experience in Sales Technology, SalesOps, or a Sales leadership function.
- A Bachelor's degree is required, and a Master's degree in a relevant field is preferred.
- Previous experience collaborating with VP and C-level executives.
- Proven expertise in Salesforce is required.
- Salesforce Administrator and/or Developer certification is preferred.
- Experience architecting reports and dashboards to improve executive decision making.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain an effective sales data architecture.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills utilizing both quantitative and qualitative sources to Executive stakeholders.
- Must be able to support recommendations with sound thinking and fact-based evidence (data, research, best practices, etc.).
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established goals is required.
- Excellent analytical, critical thinking and problem solving skills are required.
- Must have strong organizational and project management skills, ability to work within tight time frames and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with culturally diverse teams spanning many levels of personnel.
- Superior organizational skills with the ability to effectively multi-task and adapt to changing priorities.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG's global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world's best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world's largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG's industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company's culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. ("GLG") is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top