Head of Membership Expansion
GLG is seeking a passionate and commercial leader to manage a growing team focused on expanding the GLG Councils, the world’s leading membership of subject matter experts.
The Head of Membership Expansion will oversee a team of Managers and Associates growing to 25 by year-end with multi-million revenue responsibility in 2018 – this team’s first full year in operation.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of success in B2B sales and sales leadership. They will be well-equipped to manage towards monthly targets, collaborate with other senior peers on GLG’s client service team, and have a strong desire and ability to mentor, train, and inspire the broader team – often in the early stages of their careers.
This sales-like role is focused on servicing GLG’s Professional Services Firms (PSF) clients, including top consulting, advertising, public relations, and market research firms. The position is based in Austin, TX.
- Direct management of hiring, training and performance of Managers and Associates
- Provide ongoing coaching, and lead employee engagement activities
- Prepare and review performance data to monitor and measure the team's productivity, goal achievement and overall effectiveness
- Work closely with PSF, Strategy, and Technology Leadership to establish and measure performance to business unit goals and provide input on ongoing improvements in process and technology
- Interface and partner with PSF client services team
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5+ years of high performance in sales management or leadership roles
- Demonstrated ability to work with, motivate and lead a team
- Results-oriented focus with a passion for meeting and exceeding targets
- Excel in a metrics-driven, entrepreneurial and challenging environment
- Undergraduate degree required
Compensation and benefits:
- Base salary + performance-based bonus
- 401k matching
- Health benefits
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman GroupGLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top