GLG’s Graphic Designer is responsible for producing and designing materials to support GLG’s client, internal, and sales communications for print, web, and social channels. As the company continues its rapid growth, this role will be essential in bringing GLG’s mission and vision to life. The role demands precise execution, an innovative outlook, attention to detail, and an obsession with quality. He or she will work in our New York headquarters and report to the Vice President of Marketing.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Planning, interpreting, and developing the visual style and overall layout of marketing collateral, for print and digital projects
- Creating internal and external marketing materials and collateral based on specifications from internal sales and product teams and operations teams such as Human Resources and Finance
- Partnering with international offices on country-specific collateral
- Designing and distributing “swag” across GLG, partnering with myriad vendors in the process
- Working with the Public Affairs team on both website and social channel collateral
- Managing and prioritizing multiple projects around tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Reviewing proofs and checking for errors in mock-up designs before the project is sent for final approval
- Managing approval timelines to ensure marketing deadlines and corporate standards/requirements are met
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree in graphic design or related field
- Possess a strong, clean visual design sense
- At least 2 years of professional experience as a graphic designer; experience at a tech company or start-up is preferred but not required
- Must possess a working knowledge of print production and prepress.
- Advanced design skills (InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop)
- Strong time management and organization skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, take initiative, receive and follow instructions, and volunteer ideas and solutions
- Experience with portrait photography and/or retouching is a bonus though not required
- An approach to design that helps achieve business objectives while meeting the GLG brand standards
Must provide a link to a portfolio or a PDF of work samples in order to be considered.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top