Graduate Research Associate - Croatian Speakers
Research teams are the engine of GLG. Our research professionals work closely with leaders at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, professional services firms, startups, and nonprofits on the critical decisions they make every day around the world. We work in research teams across industries, becoming the experts on our experts, helping our clients find the insight they need from leading doctors, academics, scientists, policy specialists, strategists, executives and other professionals with years of on-the-ground experience. And then we propose creative learning solutions – from phone consultations and one-on-one meetings to surveys, reports, and site tours. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves as well as our clients.
The EMEA Financial Services team, based in London, serves users at the leading financial institutions in the EMEA region, including some of the world’s largest Private Equity funds, Hedge funds, Mutual and Sovereign Funds. We have 22 offices around the globe, with our Global Headquarters in New York City. Our state-of-the-art office space in London is located in One Fitzroy Place, in the heart of one of the most vibrant neighborhoods in London, Fitzrovia. Our teams based in London work with clients across the EMEA region.
The Graduate Associate Training Programme includes consistent training sessions to teach valuable skills, develop confidence and indulge curiosity. Our fun, team-focused environment includes community outreach and volunteer programmes, various team-building activities, many fun events and celebrations.
Graduate Research Associate Responsibilities Include:
- Completing the intensive graduate training period;
- Growing and developing our membership of experts through targeted outreach;
- Engaging with clients daily to understand their needs and provide exceptional service;
- Executing custom projects across client firms – including consultations, surveys, and special projects;
- Maintaining full accountability and responsibility for client accounts;
- Focusing on policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements; and
- Working with our Business Development team to create a strategy to grow revenue on existing accounts and find new business.
- Attend roundtable events with industry thought leaders, in-house speaker events, internal training and development programmes and a host of social events!
Graduate Research Associate Training Programme; Personal Development:
As a GLG Graduate Research Associate, you go through a number of personal development steps designed to support you to:
- Grow in a fast-paced environment;
- Work collaboratively to develop knowledge of client relationships;
- Master communication skills required to build deep relationships with senior c-suite executives and our clients;
- Develop strong actionable business skills – including time management, account management, professional conduct, business development, communication, negotiation, and project management;
- Understand and utilize a broad range of products to creatively engage and support clients;
- Develop relationships with clients and thought leaders to provide top-level service;
- Collaborate with internal partners to exceed client expectations;
- Mentor newer professionals.
Graduate Research Associate Requirements:
The Graduate Associate Training Programme seek graduate applicants with bachelors or masters degrees from colleges and universities; or equivalent work experience. The successful candidate will meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in English and Croatian;
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities;
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and desire to learn about new topics;
- Passion for client service, especially with experience in phone-based professional communication;
- Ability to build and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals;
- Strong desire to work in a collaborative environment;
- Experience or desire to work in account management, business development or relationship management;
- Demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility and autonomy over time;
- Undergraduate or graduate result of 2:1 or higher.
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/careers.
Closing date: 26th September 2017
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits programme and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top