GLG’s Events team programs compelling live and virtual events convening with global thought leaders and top practitioners, and manages all surrounding and supporting logistics.
GLG’s Events Associate leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus setting up and programming of multiple meetings, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in Asia, including but not limited to:
- Managing operational and administrative functions: Strategic scheduling of meetings for GLG clients and Councils and coordinating travel arrangements for GLG Councils
- Team support: Assist in planning and organization of industry events from conceptualization to the end; team administrative support as well
- Assist in implementing marketing plan and promotional activities
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meetings and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 2-4 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, travel/tourism or related company;
- Customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Strong copyediting skills are a pre-requisite; Proven ability and track record to working in a rigorous, fast-moving work and team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Mandarin / Simplified Chinese
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
Back to top