We are seeking an additional team member to bolster the planning and logistics service we provide to a dynamic and forward‐thinking Research team in London. Internal restructure, and growth in our markets covering the UK, Continental Europe and Middle East client bases mean the events team handle continuously moving logistics to respond to the needs of clients. This role will be part of the well-established EMEA Events Team, and is an excellent opportunity to hone white-glove planning and logistics skills. We are looking for an individual who is committed to detail and speed, and keen to learn the ropes in all aspects of meeting planning, from internal technology to finance, from travel booking to supporting our Council Members throughout their GLG meeting experience. Candidates should expect a hard‐working but rewarding culture within the small Events Team, and the wider London team. They are also required to demonstrate quick‐thinking and versatility, to support our fast‐paced and truly global environment.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Supporting event managers with intense programming, marketing and execution of small but numerous GLG meeting interactions in EMEA
- Ad hoc ownership of events as coverage during holiday periods
- Planning travel for Council Members and booking venues for Research Managers to host meetings
- Managing and executing GLG event logistics – liaising with internal teams, external clients, vendors, member organisations as required
- Helping to administrate detailed tracking of budget expenditure and monthly bill reconciliations, and processing expense reimbursements
- Maintaining GLG Events presence on external and internal websites
- Flexibility and tenacity to adapt to the needs to the team and product
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- One to three years of work experience, preferably in a corporate events coordination or high-level administrative capacity
- Excellent communication skills, demonstrable proficiency in oral, writing and presentation abilities in a business‐focused environment
- Successful track record working in a close team environment
- Ability to multi‐task and prioritise activities effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Interest in web‐based commerce and networking
- Demonstrable fluency in using technology tools to improve efficiency and systems
- A university degree or equivalent work experience
- Ideally have experience working globally ‐ experience with cultural, language, and time zone challenges
- Self-starter and fast learner with excellent people skills and willingness to adapt and grow with the business need.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours
- Utilise superior analytical and problem‐solving skills
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Respond effectively to management direction and client needs
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top