Events Content Manager
GLG’s Events leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables, theme events, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around conferences, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in HK, including but not limited to:
- Strategic planning of APAC events and live meetings.
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management / as well as virtual events.
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal team.
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
- Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event/marketing materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
- Support on branding and marketing of events and the GLG brand
- Manage all event collaterals via digital and print; support the creation, circulation and inventory of all English marketing collaterals and branded items
- Support content creation in English such as events content, translation, copy-editing, interviews, etc.
- Support all other branding and marketing activities in the region (i.e. logistics and content)
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 4-5 years of post-undergraduate experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a PR/marketing agency, conference or tradeshow producer, related media company, and/or MNC in a related field
- Project management and collaboration (internal and external) experience from the pre-planning process through execution of events, sponsorships or projects
- Leadership and management of internal teams engaged in multiple event projects, with strong emphasis on standard-setting and decision-making while collaborating with various regional offices
- Development and management of external partners and vendors for multiple event projects
- Researching and proposing themes and topics for content-driven live events;
- Client-facing and customer service expertise, including effective and professional oral and written communication, as well as confident interpersonal interaction
- Experience managing a high-volume content/event pipeline
- Strong copyediting skills a pre-requisite;
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- Familiarity with analytics and reporting
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required.
- Experience with design process and design tools is preferred.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Successful track record of working in a team environment
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Positive, professional, and outgoing attitude with superior relationship building abilities
- Motivated with an entrepreneurial spirit who can initiate projects and implement changes
- Passionate for learning and working in a team environment
- Fluency in another Asian language a plus
- University graduates with degrees in Marketing, Communication, or related fields
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top