GLG’s Events team programs compelling convening’s with global thought leaders and top practitioners and manages all surrounding and supporting logistics.
GLG’s Events Specialist leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around conferences, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in China, including but not limited to:
- Strategic scheduling of meetings around industry conferences.
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management.
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal team.
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 2-4 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, or related company;
- Event Planning Experience including ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong copyediting skills are a pre-requisite;
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
Back to top