Events & Marketing Manager
GLG’s Events leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables, theme events, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members. This position will focus on the strategic development and programming of multiple meetings around conferences, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in China, including but not limited to:
- Strategic planning of all China events and live meetings.
- Venue selection and host preparation for onsite management / as well as virtual events.
- Travel arrangements for GLG Councils and internal team.
- Budget and financial management, with emphasis on project-based profitability and ROI.
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event/marketing materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal stakeholders;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Support on branding and marketing of events and the GLG brand
- Manage all event collaterals via digital and print; support the creation, circulation and inventory of all Chinese marketing collaterals and branded items
- Support content creation in Chinese such as events content, translation, copy-editing, interviews, etc.
- Support all other branding and marketing activities in the region (i.e. logistics and content)
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 4-5 years of experience in positions of increasing responsibility within a PR/marketing agency, conference or tradeshow producer, or related media company;
- Events & marketing experience including ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Attention to detail;
- Strong copyediting skills a pre-requisite;
- Successful track record of working in a team environment;
- Proven ability to work in a rigorous, fast-moving work environment;
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required. Experience with design process and design tools is preferred.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top