GLG’s Events team programs compelling live and virtual events convening with global thought leaders and top practitioners, and manages all surrounding and supporting logistics.
GLG’s Events Specialist leverages GLG’s core asset – the GLG Councils – to participate in small and midsize group meetings, roundtables and seminars, as well as virtual events including webcasts and teleconferences with clients and GLG Council Members (CMs). This position will focus setting up and programming of multiple meetings across APAC, which connect the industry’s most notable experts with business and investment leaders throughout the world.
Key Responsibilities: Operational and logistical management of multiple meetings and events in Asia, including but not limited to:
- Managing operational and administrative functions: Strategic scheduling of meetings for GLG clients and Councils and coordinating travel arrangements for GLG Councils
- Team support: Assist in planning and organization of industry events from conceptualization to the end
- Assist in implementing marketing plan and promotional activities
- Implementation of all meetings expenses and CM payment
Facilitation of content focusing on multiple projects, including but not limited to:
- Assisting with content for event materials, including promotional and descriptive copy.
Leadership of internal team engaged in multiple meeting and event projects, with a strong emphasis on:
- Following process standards and showing strong decision making abilities;
- Managing speakers, supporting internal teams and clients participation both directly and in collaboration with internal partners;
- Client-facing, customer service expertise including effective and professional oral and written communication.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance. For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees from top-tier colleges or universities, or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- 2-4 years of events (live meetings) /marketing experience within an event management firm, conference or tradeshow producer, media and/or travel/tourism related company;
- Customer service experience
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize activities effectively including managing multiple meetings and events at one time;
- Exceptional attention to detail and strong organizational skills
- Proven ability and track record to working in a rigorous, fast-moving work and team environment
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting;
- Fluent in written and spoken English; other languages would be an added advantage
- High levels of proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (including Excel and Word) and other database and technology tools are required.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top