Engagement Team Leader
GLG is seeking an Engagement Team Leader (ETL) to oversee a client service team of six to nine Research professionals on our APAC Research business. The Engagement Team Leader plays a crucial leadership role in GLG’s service organization, overseeing and executing short and mid-term client engagements for leading investment management clients. The Engagement Team Leader ensures their team exceeds its commercial, development, compliance and people targets. The Engagement Team Leader partners with Business Development in expanding client relationships and works with APAC Research Leadership in developing and implementing business performance improvement initiatives.
Our expectation in the near to medium term is for this successful candidate to become a top flight ETL which warrants swift on-plan promotion, have responsibility for complete ownership of top tier client service, and will materially affect business change with our clients. This role will be looked at as a GLG leader, and therefore a trusted driver of the overall APAC Research business unit.
The role is based in our Sydney office.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Managing and leading a team of junior to mid-level professionals by ensuring best in class client service practices are upheld to drive commercial upside and win competitive share.
- Coaching and leading their Engagement Team, supporting the team’s professional growth, and actively managing team performance and fostering GLG’s culture within the team.
- Overseeing and executing learning interactions between GLG Council Members (including industry executives, independent consultants, academics, and former policy makers across all sectors) and our clients across GLG’s suite of products. Clients seek GLG's support on due diligence, internal studies, or other strategic/operational research. Interactions typically consist of 1:1 telephone consultations, but may also consist of surveys, in-person meetings, panels, or larger consulting engagements.
- Partnering with Business Development to grow GLG client relationships, including new clients and senior stakeholders. Leverage proactive outreach, essential project execution, post-project client feedback, and in-person client meetings.
- Developing and implementing strategy for key client accounts in close collaboration with our Leadership and Business Development teams. Track team performance to create plans to accelerate growth and revenue near- and long-term.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils by developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and business professionals, as well as recruiting new senior executives and experts through networking and direct outreach.
- Owning communication and coordination with our global team for client servicing needs
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 4-7 years’ experience demonstrating best in class client service capabilities
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a team of client service professionals
- Successful track record of working in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong go-do attitude and track record of business growth / turnaround
- Passion for problem solving
- Outstanding communication skills and willingness to call and engage senior professionals
Potential understanding of financial services clients. Interest in working across industries (energy, consumer, healthcare, technology, business services, real estate, etc)
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentoring, small group convening, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it
Back to top