Build connections. Share expertise. Transform how companies learn.
GLG is seeking a highly-motivated and enthusiastic individual to join the Project Support team in Austin, Texas.
Engagement Coordinators (known internally as Project Support Specialists) are responsible for scheduling consultations between GLG’s clients and selected Council Members, including business leaders, scientists, academics, former public sector leaders and subject matter specialists.
GLG serves professionals at 1,400 companies across the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consulting firms and nonprofits in more than 40 countries. Engagement Coordinators will partner and align with GLG Research colleagues to facilitate conversations on behalf of clients within a specific segment.
Engagement Coordinators will develop a deep understanding of GLG’s business model, project lifecycles and end-client markets. Engagement Coordinators will also acquire experience and expertise in client servicing and professional communication.
At GLG we embrace mobility. This role prepares high-performing employees for various career paths at GLG, including client-facing roles and management opportunities often in as little as 12-18 months.
- Schedule consultations between GLG’s clients and Council Members and provide support in an efficient, personable, and thorough manner
- Appreciate the urgency of competing projects and prioritize accordingly
- Handle requests outside of standard business hours and on weekends as needed
- Navigate requests with varying compliance requirements and client-specific preferences
- Establish and build strong working relationships with GLG Research colleagues and clients
- Successfully execute against project objectives, seeing each project through to completion
- Align with and develop deep understanding of a specific end-client market
We seek applicants with an undergraduate degree with a minimum 3.25 GPA. We insist upon excellence, integrity, creativity, and high-level of professionalism across all GLG positions.
The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral and written abilities
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment
- Ability to communicate and manage relationships across the full professional spectrum including senior colleagues and extremely senior outside professionals
- Interest in building a business and in all business-building related activities
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program, and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Culture and Professional Development:
The Austin office also offers training sessions to explore additional topics, teach valuable skills, and indulge curiosity. We also welcome our experts and other guest speakers to teach us what they know – because our learning mission extends to ourselves. And our fun, team-focused environment includes community volunteer programs, a dynamic activity-based work space, an in-office barista bar, monthly birthday celebrations, book clubs, a mentor program, a stock market challenge, and various team-building and health & wellness activities.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top