Director, Public Affairs (APAC)
GLG is looking for an experienced communications and corporate relations professional to join its communications and media affairs team, to help drive our brand and business forward in the Asia-Pacific region, continuing to position us as the world’s premiere professional learning platform. The ideal candidate will be a detail-oriented manager with excellent writing and editing skills, a proven track record in media relations (including relationships with international, national and China and Hong Kong-based media), and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Help develop, manage and implement strategic communication and media relations initiatives and programs;
- Work with media and senior GLG executives, acting as public liaison for GLG’s Head of APAC and other key executives in APAC region;
- Create and implement marketing and social media initiatives in partnership with APAC-based marketing professionals and the global Marketing team;
- Advance brand awareness – through media relations and digital marketing – in China and Hong Kong but also Japan and South Korea;
- Develop and edit a wide-range of communication materials such as memos, strategy plans, PowerPoint presentations, press releases, talking points, opinion pieces and speeches;
- Integrate GLG’s mission, vision, strategy and values into an internal and external communication strategy;
- Assist with creation of the internal communication plans to ensure content covers all strategic business objectives, company brand, culture, mission and values;
- Help create a climate which inspires team members to exceed expectations; and
- Manage team resources to maximize efficiency.
Experience and Qualifications:
- 5 - 10 years experience in communications/media relations role at an agency or in a corporate, government or consultancy environment;
- Experience implementing strategic communication programs for companies in the private and public sector;
- Creative, energetic, extremely detail-oriented, with an entrepreneurial spirit;
- Possess a range of media relationships;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Developed business acumen;
- Bachelors Degree in related field.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group:
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit GLG.it.
Back to top