Director, Internal Communications
Director of Internal Communications
GLG’s Director of Internal Communications will create and implement communications strategies to inform, engage, and motivate an internal audience that comprises approximately 1,300 employees in 22 offices around the world, including in New York, Austin, London and Honk Kong. As the company continues its rapid growth, this individual will be responsible for moving our mission and values-driven culture forward. He/she will engage internal audiences and drive change by partnering with senior leaders and implementing new and existing communications tools. Primary responsibilities include: creation of internal communications strategies, development of communications materials, and facilitation of major employee events such as Town Halls and Summits, and partial ownership of annual employee engagement survey. This position reports to the global Head of Public Affairs.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Partnering with Human Resources, Public Affairs and Talent and Development to design and execute internal communications for employees that inspire GLG values and reflect what it’s like to work at GLG
- Creating and seeding content related to engagement, workforce/marketplace initiatives, operational communications, and change management best practices
- Managing digital and print resources, including internal sites, email and mobile content all designed to drive a deeper connection to GLG and impact our business and culture
- Acting as a change agent, driving adoption of new policies and procedures and counseling stakeholders through the process
- Provide counsel to senior leadership on myriad employee issues as well as speech and written support regarding internal initiatives.
- Partner with senior leaders on executing, analyzing, and communicating around our annual employee engagement survey.
- Ensuring internal communications initiatives are structured around data and reporting and provide regular analysis
- Leading special projects on an as-needed basis
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree
- At least 5 years’ experience in internal communications or employee engagement
- Superior oral and written communication and presentation skills with a strong attention to detail and deadlines
- Excellent management skills and ability to influence and engage leadership and peers
- Ability to effectively interface with senior management and with diverse populations (across titles, geographies, teams, etc.), always with a results-oriented approach
- Top problem-solving solving skills and the ability to work quickly, efficiently, and effectively under pressure
- Demonstrated experience with change management strategies and implementation to help grow and nurture employees at a rapidly evolving company
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top