Overview of the Role:
The Analyst will be responsible for analyzing and reporting in a SQL environment, across Strategy, Finance, Engineering, and Business Units globally. The responsibilities will include reviewing database design as well as relationships between database tables and analyzing / reporting trends, patterns and insights. The ability to effectively communicate and collaborate/collect user requirement to provide meaningful information with associates through senior leadership is essential.
You should have good knowledge of Business Intelligence (BI) tools and approaches, as well as general knowledge of finance and accounting processes. You will work with the business to understand the evolving data needs and requirements, and provide outputs that will change the way data is used to drive business decisions.
Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Work closely with Finance, Strategy, Engineering, and global Business Units to provide data driven analytics in the form of ad hoc analyses, reports and dashboards.
- Interpret business requirements and code those requirements by creating or modifying existing SQL scripts.
- Act as a change agent in the adoption of BI tools and reporting across the organization.
Specific requirements include
- BA/BS degree (preferred majors: Computer Science, Finance/Accounting, Mathematics, Statistics), other technical qualification, or equivalent experience.
- 1-2 years of SQL analyst experience with preferred background working with a Business Intelligence/ Analytics team.
- T-SQL including triggers, functions and stored procedures
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (technical and non-technical)
- Detail oriented and capable of performing multi-tasks in dynamic/changing scenarios
- Experience with HTML, Tableau and R highly preferred
- Passion and excitement for developing and analyzing large and complex data sets.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit constant attention to detail;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top