Council Manager - Relationship Development
Council Managers are enthusiastic professionals who develop and grow the GLG Councils at a senior level. The role is an exciting position with opportunities to work closely with business and investment leaders that are driving industries throughout the world and develop and manage content on different industries for GLG Clients. The Council manager will work closely with client facing staff on custom client projects and strategic recruiting efforts designed to quickly put GLG Clients in touch with relevant key opinion leaders and senior level industry executives.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Build the GLG Councils network:
- Support the GLG Sydney Research team with responsibility and ownership of key projects for institutional clients;
- Quickly and efficiently identify and establish consulting relationships with professionals and experts best suited to participate in our highest priority client inquiries through telephone marketing and email;
- Grow the GLG Councils by recruiting key opinion leaders utilizing a strategic/tactical methodology, using recruiting campaigns, leveraging industry and professional lists, trade and business associations, referrals and other relationships;
- Interview prospective industry leaders as needed and capture critical data in GLG’s extensive profile management systems;
- Consult with client-facing Research Managers to gauge clients’ needs and fulfill time-sensitive research requests for GLG clients by analyzing client inquiries and identifying and qualifying primary populations;
- Understand clients’ research workflows and objectives, and thereby support client-facing Research team in growing GLG client relationships by utilization of best practices when dealing with prospective and current industry experts;
- Execute on higher-level premium products including Live Meetings and Custom Research Trips;
- Work on other projects associated with building the GLG Councils.
- Development and management of content for GLG engagements, including but not limited to:
- Develop a working knowledge of GLG's core industry coverage to improve project and produce service quality. Develop awareness of broader industry trends/dynamics relevant to expert recruitment and client servicing;
- Researching and proposing themes and topics for content-driven live events;
- Editing and authoring content for client outreach materials;
- Host small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Management and mentorship of the Sydney Councils team:
- Assume managerial responsibilities for a team of recruiting associates
- Spearhead the development of such individuals to become impactful players for the team
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Superior communication skills in English
- Bachelor’s Degree is a must, Master’s is preferred
- 4-5 year's working experience in recruitment, industry partnership, sales, relationship management, or network development/outreach experience highly preferred
- Good understanding, awareness and interest in financial markets
- Experience interacting with senior executives
- Professional and confident in interpersonal interaction
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize effectively, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Some track record of managerial responsibilities
- Interest in helping to build a technology-driven business that is looking to help shape the new economy
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors.
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same.
- Express a strong desire to work in a team.
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs.
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and nonprofits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
. Visit www.glg.it.
Back to top