Council Development Associate
Does pitching to executives across a range of industries excite you? Are you motivated by targets to increase your earnings potential in a sales-like role? Do you have a do-what-it-takes work ethic?
GLG is seeking driven candidates for our Council Development Associate position on our Professional Services Firms team in Austin, TX. The Professional Services Firms (PSF) team connects top consulting, advertising, public relations, and market research firms with GLG’s expert Council Members on a variety of topics across the globe, every day.
As a Council Development Associate you will grow GLG’s existing Council Membership of 600,000 thought leaders and practitioners including business leaders, academics, former public sector leaders, and foremost subject matter specialists to advise our clients on their most pressing business challenges and questions. You will own the process of connecting with, pitching to, and closing on new expert Council Members in this sales-like role, ranging from recruiting a needle-in-the-haystack expert in a few hours to sourcing ten luxury watch buyers over three days.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Identifying, contacting and pitching to a high volume of custom experts for GLG’s PSF client projects, using effective sales and recruiting techniques in a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Meeting and exceeding goals and metrics on multiple high-priority recruiting projects at any given time
- Independently managing your Council Member recruiting pipeline from cold calling to pitching and closing
- Vetting recruits based on client needs as well as briefing recruits on GLG’s business model, policies, compliance and terms & conditions
- Aligning with the PSF client services team on urgent client requests, deadlines, and goals in tight timeframes and short project life cycles
- Adhering to and upholding GLG’s compliance standards and company values
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 0-2 years of experience in inside sales and/or customer service
- High motivation to exceed personal weekly, monthly, and quarterly commercial quotas
- Confidence in making 50+ outbound cold calls per day
- Fearlessness and ability to professionally manage resistance and consistently close recruits
- Hustle, intensity, and unconquerable attitude
- Polished and persuasive verbal and written communication
- Ability to quickly digest and implement feedback and coaching
- Undergraduate degree required
Compensation and benefits:
- Base salary + monthly commission program
- 401k matching
- Health benefits
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt.
Back to top