Content Manager - Energy & Industrials
GLG’s Events Content Team is seeking a content manager to create and curate in person and virtual meetings designed to engage equities investors focused on the Energy & Industrials sectors. This role entails being conversant in financial markets, being able to identify and research compelling market trends, and developing relationships with clients, former C-level executives, subject matter experts/outside consultants, and internal partners.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage and contribute to editorial development and content strategy, to grow our Energy and Industrials related events business
- Demonstrate sound editorial judgment, including selecting event topics and speakers and curating conversations that clients find relevant and compelling
- Develop the editorial calendar for GLG’s three primary event products for public equities-related event programming: in-person breakfasts and lunches (roundtables), virtual (webcasts/teleconferences), and 1x1 meetings (visits)
- Execute GLG’s user-focused event strategy and vision for public equities-focused users, building our live and virtual meeting calendar, and ensuring all events meet GLG’s quality standards
- Interview former executives, regulators, subject matter experts, and consultants in both live and virtual settings
- Cultivate communities of like-minded client event users around common areas of interest, and teach others to do the same
- Mentor junior talent to become strong content creators and curators, helping them to understand the investor mindset and apply that to generating successful events
An ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- At least 3 years of related experience in financial services research or content, but also open to relevant content experience focused on the Energy and Industrials sectors
- A strong editorial viewpoint based on experience with how public equities-focused investors work and think and a passion for challenging conventional wisdom
- Track record of mentoring junior professionals and passion for cultivating a feedback culture, including giving and receiving feedback
- Must have strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Interest in joining a dynamic, growing events business
- Must be able to collaborate across teams, exert influence and work within an organization
- Possess an entrepreneurial spirit
- Must be adaptable
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Daniel A.Senior Content Manager, Financial & Business Services
Daniel curates content for financial service professionals interested in payments, insurance, and cryptocurrency.
Back to top