Client Solutions Manager, Life Sciences – Corporate Markets
GLG is seeking a Client Solutions Manager to join our growing Life Sciences team within the Corporate Markets segment in London. The Manager position is a key role within GLG where you will be responsible for a defined portfolio of sophisticated Life Science clients.
The Client Solutions Manager is tasked with scoping, facilitating, managing and executing primary research projects for a range of client users in the Life Science industry. Your work will be incredibly impactful and will provide our clients with critical knowledge to make decisions across all phases of drug or product development from early stage pre-clinical assessment to Global pricing and launch strategy.
Key responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Taking accountability and responsibility for a full book of complex clients by serving as a thought partner to scope, design, and deliver a range of bespoke projects. Most projects are based on short turn-around phone consultations, but the role also involves scoping out and pitching beyond-the-call engagements, including surveys, strategic projects, events and other in-depth engagements.
- Participating in thoughtful background research on your clients’ product portfolios to support thought partnership initiatives and proactive outreach planning.
- Driving best-in-class client engagement and experience in a defined portfolio of accounts including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, medical device and diagnostic companies. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, project execution and telephone interactions.
- Facilitating educational interactions between GLG Council Members (experts) and our clients. This involves fulfilling time-sensitive requests through building and qualifying primary populations of relevant experts.
- Supporting the development of in-person and virtual content with leading experts relevant to your book of clients including post-medical conference roundtables and other beyond-the-call engagements.
- Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected senior executives and key opinion leaders (KOLs) in the healthcare and life sciences industry, as well as recruiting new experts into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Demonstrating excellent communication, good judgment, effective collaboration, and account/client ownership skills.
- Delivering world-class client service marked by high levels of responsiveness, accuracy, insight, urgency, attention to detail, professionalism, follow-through, enthusiasm, and serving as an example of excellence in client service to others within GLG.
- Developing and implementing account management strategies, in close collaboration with leadership and sales teams to grow revenue and ensure retention of existing accounts
- Exercising flawless judgment around GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of our client engagements.
- Coaching, mentoring and developing junior team members through active performance management.
- Towards the end of tenure, opportunity to manage a team of junior to mid-level professionals to meet commercial and service targets for client accounts and/or take on greater responsibility for client service at large revenue accounts.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- GLG attracts employees from the most distinctive academic and professional backgrounds. We are looking for smart, curious individuals that have a passion for learning and want to join a fast-paced environment where no two days are the same.
- The ideal candidate would have an advanced degree (Masters or PhD) within a medical or life sciences subject with a proven ability to quickly understand clinical trial data, disease areas, therapeutic targets and mechanisms of action for specific drugs/devices (minimum requirement, Bachelor’s in a biosciences subject).
- 2-4 years of work experiences in a client-facing role in relevant industries such as life sciences consulting, market research, market access, clinical research organisations, or medical communications.
- An understanding of the drug development process and the types of key business questions that life science/pharmaceutical companies ask at each stage.
- Demonstrated performance and business judgment, in some of the following areas: negotiation, research, networking with senior professionals, business development, corporate development, product development and/or product management.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines, manage multiple projects simultaneously and prioritise activities effectively via excellent communication and collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, while ensuring a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Demonstrated client service and relationship management skills.
- Outstanding communication skills, oral, written and presentation abilities, and willingness to conduct telephone outreach to senior experts.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform connecting professionals with expertise. We pair businesses and non-profits in every sector with the largest network of experts from around the globe to drive smarter, faster decisions and help make the world work better. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and almost 2,000 employees to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within our rigorous compliance framework. We bring the power of insight to every great professional decision.
Back to top