Client Service Associate Program | Summer 2018
*We will begin to conduct interviews for this position in January 2018*
GLG is seeking new and recent graduates to join our Client Service Associate Program in Austin, Texas, who have a strong interest in excelling at best-in-class client service in a performance-driven, merit-based, and team-oriented environment.
Our Client Service Associates are the engine of GLG. After completing an initial training period, Client Service Associates spend the first six to nine months as Junior Associates focused on recruiting new experts into GLG’s global membership and learning the client service skills they need to be effective in the role. Junior Associates are promoted to Senior Associates after achieving specific quantitative and qualitative goals. Senior Associates work directly with our clients – professionals at the world’s top corporations, investment firms, management consultancies, and non-profits – to help them learn and make better decisions every day. Client Service Associates do so by facilitating custom learning solutions such as phone consultations, one-on-one meetings, surveys, reports, and consulting engagements with leading experts and executives. Top Client Service Associates can rapidly progress into managerial roles throughout the company as well as leading commercial roles on GLG’s largest client relationships in as short as 18 months.
Key Junior Associate responsibilities include:
- Recruiting new experts to join our global membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Interacting with GLG’s experts on a daily basis to understand their capabilities and knowledge on specific client requests
- Supporting more senior team members on all aspects of client engagement
- Learning our compliance policies and procedures to protect the integrity of client engagements
After achieving the goals of a Junior Associate within six to nine months, key Senior Associate responsibilities include:
- Executing custom learning projects for clients
- Engaging with clients daily by phone to understand and serve their learning needs and provide exceptional service
- Continuing to recruit new experts to join our membership through targeted and timely outreach by phone, email, and other methods
- Maintaining accountability and responsibility for client projects and the overall client experience
- Collaborating with our Business Development team to grow revenue and ensure retention on existing accounts
As a Client Service Associate, you will learn to:
- Excel in a fast-paced, metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, and challenging environment
- Communicate with clients to assess and scope their learning needs
- Develop strong, transferable business skills – including client service excellence, written and oral communication, client and account management, time management, negotiating, problem solving, project management, and the ability to achieve commercial targets
- Understand and deploy a broad range of custom learning products to creatively support clients
- Collaborate with colleagues on and across teams to build and shape a business
- Mentor newer professionals
GLG seeks to attract employees from diverse personal, academic and professional backgrounds. We look for individuals who are passionate about our mission to transform how professionals learn and who embody GLG’s values: learning and curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
Ideal candidates also have:
- Strong interest in developing the skills to excel at client service in a high-volume environment
- Superior communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work responsibly, both independently and collaboratively as needs warrant, in an ever-changing, and fast-paced environment
- Appreciation for the role data and metrics play in growing a business successfully
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills
- Receptive to close coaching and feedback
- Insatiable desire to learn about new topics
- Proficiency in any of the following languages a plus: Spanish, Portuguese, Chinese, Korean and/or Japanese.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Recent graduates with 0-2 years relevant experience
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading membership for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from more than 500,000 members and other experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group meetings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,400 employees work from offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt. All prospective new hires are required to undergo a background check.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top