Business Development Manager, Life Sciences
Business Development Manager, Life Sciences
GLG, the world’s leading professional learning company, is seeking an experienced leader to join our Life Sciences team in New York, NY as one of our Business Development Managers.
The candidate will be responsible for managing and growing business relationships with corporations on the in the United States. The Life Sciences team is a high-revenue growth group, and this role will be expected to accelerate this growth by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms.
The Business Development Manager will be responsible for driving new business with pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies in Gerson Lehrman Group’s (GLG’s) US territories.
Successful candidates, once hired, will:
• Have a thorough understanding of GLG’s value proposition
• Be trained and supported in selling knowledge services to executives at diverse corporations
• Identify, meet with, and close deals with executive clients
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Develop a business plan and sales strategy for assigned territories that executes against a high-revenue growth imperative and increased profitability;
- Plan for and execute against a revenue target for a portfolio of clients and prospects;
- Engage key constituents at clients as a thought partner, with a heavy focus on senior-level decision makers, in order to understand these clients’ work, differentiate the company’s brand, and tailor value proposition to these critical influencers;
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across company teams, particularly with stakeholders on client servicing teams;
- Provide real-time analysis of account activity, usage trends, and company development of new products
Key performance metrics for this role include performance to closed deals and revenue target, personal performance to target, effectiveness of senior-level client engagement, and adoption by clients of new products and systems. Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our network, professional services, and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- 5-8 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions to corporations
- A Bachelor’s degree, Masters is a plus
- Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- A demonstrated ability to manage sophisticated B2B relationships
- A demonstrated ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
- A willingness to travel and work among a global team of professionals
Candidates for this position must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including:
- A strong passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- A demonstrated ability to understand people and communicate clearly
- Resilience / strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- Teamwork and professionalism
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top