Business Development Manager, Emerging Growth
Business Development Manager, Financial Services
The Business Development Manager, Emerging Growth at GLG will be deployed in support of client relationships, strategic positioning, and as a thought partner in client negotiations and executing complex projects.
Investment firms seek to better understand a variety of companies, situations, assets, and price dislocations. For each client, GLG deploys a highly-skilled engagement team tasked with understanding their objectives, and crafting a solution in support of their investment diligence and betterment of the fund. GLG’s work enables our clients to make better decisions, to work more effectively and productively; and, to benefit from the intelligence and experience of our 400,000+ experts (The Councils).
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with senior client professionals (Principal, Partner, MD) at mid-market firms and articulate GLG’s premium brand, offering and value proposition.
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients across the full line of GLG’s services.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues.
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
- Effectively communicate GLG’s Mission, Vision, and Strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for this role include contract value growth from existing clients, new business, pipeline development, and the adoption of new product/service offerings. The Business Development Manager will report directly to a Emerging Growth segment leader on GLG’s New York Business Development team and is expected to work closely with Research professionals.
Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to be creative and commercial and/or a track record of overachieving in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of GLG’s primary research platform vis-à-vis the broader landscape of professional services offerings in the marketplace at price points ranging from $50,000 to 400,000 in annual contract value.
Additional candidate qualifications include 2-4+ years of demonstrated success in one or more of these fields:
- Financial services’ industry sales (new business and account management)
- Diligence and consulting solutions to institutional investors
- Consultant at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
- Enterprise-level Application Service Provider (ASP or SaaS) or senior software sales
- We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and endeavor to improve themselves, as well as our materials and processes
- Strong attention to detail
- Express a desire to work in a team environment
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top