Business Development Manager Credit
The Business Development Account Manager on the Credit Team will be responsible for management of Enterprise relationships with a range of Credit Investors. They will be responsible for expanding our commercial relationships and growing the existing relationships across all investment professionals within their territory. The candidate should have excellent communication skills and be able to confidently engage with founders and senior investment professionals. In addition to sales acumen, candidates should have a conversational understanding of finance, public and private credit markets and be comfortable articulating consultative services to a sophisticated audience.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Design and lead account strategy & planning in collaboration with Client Solutions and Product teams
- Build trust-based, value-added relationships with senior decision makers by understanding their evolving priorities
- Generate ideas for broader applications of GLG within client research process
- Schedule, prepare materials for, and run client meetings
Goals and expectations
- Achieve revenue, cross-sell and upsell goals
- Exceed productivity targets
- Embrace GLG’s values
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree with at least 5yrs+ professional experience, 3yrs+ in sales
- Proven success selling services and solutions to large, enterprise accounts
- Ability to build lasting relationships with institutional investors
- Superior written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to analyze data
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel
We seek bright, positive and flexible individuals who:
- Possess a passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Are self-motivated
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all endeavors
- Think creatively about commercial opportunities
- Exhibit attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team environment
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s knowledge marketplace. Our clients rely on GLG’s global team to connect with powerful insight across fields from our network of 700,000+ experts (and the hundreds of new experts we recruit every day).
We serve thousands of the world’s best businesses, from Fortune 500 corporations to leading technology companies to professional services firms and financial institutions. We connect our clients to the world’s largest and most varied source of first-hand expertise, including executives, scientists, academics, former public-sector leaders, and the foremost subject matter specialists.
GLG’s industry-leading compliance framework allows clients to learn in a structured, auditable, and transparent way, consistent with their own internal compliance obligations and the highest professional ethical standards. Our compliance standards are a major competitive differentiator and key component of the company’s culture.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top