Business Development Manager
GLG Business Development Manager in our client-facing offices are responsible for:
- Growing GLG existing client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily lead investment professionals across Asia. This relationship development will stem from in-person client meetings, and telephone interactions. Business Development Manager develop deep relationships with key contact points at client firms, and identify suitable opportunities for cross-selling, upgrades and other revenue opportunities.
- Strategizing, identifying and bringing on new clients in Beijing. Plan and prioritise personal sales activities and customer/prospect contact towards achieving agreed business aims, including sales and costs - especially managing personal time and productivity.
- Hosting frequently held GLG events in Beijing. Hosting small group conversations between GLG experts and GLG clients.
- Developing organized marketing activities. Plan and hold client optimization formal meetings and socials with prospects.
- Team-wide collaboration. Work closely with other Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Research Managers to deepen existing client relationships and identify new prospects.
- Enhancing the GLG brand in Beijing. Developing relationships across the financial industry in Beijing, and acting as a mature, personable face of GLG in Beijing.
Gerson Lehrman Group attracts employees from the most distinctive professional and academic backgrounds.
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a Top tier undergraduate institution
- 3- 5 years experience in Sales, finance, accounting or professional services and technical industries
- Demonstrated entrepreneurial / leadership skills, with clear focus on Sales and business profit
- Outstanding communication skills and a team player
- Experience interacting with senior executives
- Native Mandarin skills and fluent English
- Experience in China’s mutual fund industry
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, while leading others to do the same
- Express a strong desire to work in a global team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (GLG), founded more than ten years ago, began developing a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, today our company has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
We connect hundreds of thousands of outstanding professionals and thought leaders to each other through two distinct yet complementary platforms: GLG Research and HighTable.
GLG Research partners with investment firms, corporations and professional services firms that need targeted, on-demand expertise to help improve decision-making. GLG Research provides professional services and sophisticated web-based compliance systems to help our clients connect to the most relevant experts while helping clients and experts manage potential conflicts.
HighTable helps you gather and share expertise. In a world where everyone's connected, it's surprisingly difficult to find insights from people who know what they’re talking about. At HighTable, conversations occur directly between professionals with business problems and professionals with the most relevant first-hand experience and knowledge.
GLG is headquartered in New York with 21 offices globally and over 800 employees. The company is backed by Bessemer Venture Partners and Silver Lake Partners.
For more information about GLG, please visit: www.gersonlehrmangroup.com
For more information about GLG Research, please visit: www.glgroup.com
Salary/Benefits: Competitive base salary plus eligibility for, depending on the role, a year-end performance-based discretionary bonus with comprehensive benefits program and a generous vacation and holiday schedule.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
GLG is an equal opportunity employer.
Back to top