Business Development Associate, Professional Services Firm
Business Development Associate
We are seeking candidates for a Business Development Associate on the GLG Professional Services Firm Sales team in Austin, TX or New York, NY. This Business Development Associate will be responsible for prospecting new business leads within the Consulting, Market Research, Marketing Services, and other Professional Services Firms industries in The Americas. This person will be responsible for regularly identifying prospect firms and presenting GLG’s platform in order to secure formal pitch meetings for a senior member of GLG’s Professional Services Firms Sales team, and ultimately generate new revenue for the firm.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- identify prospect firms and engage key constituents at those firms in order to articulate GLG's brand and value proposition, and set formal pitch meetings for senior Sales team colleague
- use GLG’s CRM to map and track outreach to prospect accounts
- execute on revenue growth objectives in consultation with senior Sales team colleague
- assist with account management for small group of existing client relationships
Key performance metrics for this position will include number of in-person and virtual pitch meetings arranged, amount of new clients signed/new contract value closed, and number of prospect firms identified and contacted. This person will report to the Vice President of Business Development and will work closely with client service professionals and other salespeople. Candidates should be comfortable with proactively reaching out to and interacting with the senior most stakeholders at companies of all sizes.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a top university is required in addition to 1-3 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions; experience selling to professionals is a plus
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms;
- Proven track record of success in selling;
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated;
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
# LI - JL1
Back to top