Business Development Associate, Financial Services Private Equity
Business Development Associate, NAFS
GLG is transforming the way the world’s top professionals share expertise and learn. Global, technology-enabled, and nimble, GLG curates custom learning opportunities among professionals and major thought leaders across fields. GLG supports knowledge exchange through conversations, small group convenings, mentorships, expert surveys, and more.
The Business Development Associate role on our North American Financial Services team will be responsible for growing relationships with clients. They will be responsible for identifying new, potential GLG users within named accounts, regularly presenting GLG’s platform to Associate and VP-level clients, using GLG’s CRM to track and map client accounts, and work in collaboration with teammates to drive adoption of GLG’s platform.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
The Business Development Associate role on our North American Financial Services team is effectively a business development role that drives new business within specific, named accounts that are currently GLG clients. The Business Development Associate will:
- Support financial services client base and new business
- Collaborate with senior business development executives to retain and grow existing client relationships
- Target Associate up to VP-level contacts to increase awareness of GLG, engage them to share business issues and key projects, deliver GLG solutions to meet needs and add value to their business process
Goals and expectations:
- Tight coordination with client relationship lead and research team
- Help execute relevant parts of account planning process
- Increase total project volume
- Improve penetration rate for active users
- Increase unique active users
- Prospect into new buying centers
- Support renewal process to increase retention rates
- Help drive attendance to GLG events
- Create & Maintain Client Presentation
Key performance metrics for the Junior Business Development Associate include establishing relationships with new contacts at client firms, client revenue growth, increase in users of GLG’s services at client firms, and adoption of new products and systems. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communications, organization and client service. Candidates should also possess:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 1-3 years of demonstrated success selling information services and solutions telephonically
- The ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms;
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated;
- A strong passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues.
- Superior verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top