Junior Business Development Associate, Corporate Markets
Business Development Associate, Corporate Markets Division
We are seeking candidates for a Business Development Associate role on the GLG Corporate Markets team in New York City. This Business Development Associate will be responsible for supporting the sales efforts of his or her team and sourcing, establishing, and building relationships with corporate executives over the phone and by e-mail. This person will be responsible for researching and identifying new client opportunities, presenting GLG’s platform to prospects and clients to increase awareness of GLG’s brand, using GLG’s CRM system to track and map client accounts, and working to drive adoption and usage of GLG’s services.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Support his/her sales team’s prospecting efforts including drafting communications/outreach, etc.;
"Map" client organizations to identify potential new buyers/users of GLG's services and promoters within;
Prospect new GLG users;
Engage key constituents at clients in order to articulate GLG's brand and tailor our value proposition to those clients;
Execute on account growth objectives in consultation with sales team; and
This person will report to a Senior Sales Manager within the Corporate Markets Division of GLG and will work closely with client service professionals, events, and other teams at GLG. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services, and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- A Bachelor’s degree is required in addition to 1-4 years of relevant work experience
- Comfort with high-activity phone and email prospecting
- Keen attention to detail and motivated to deliver high quality work product
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Ability to build strong and lasting relationships with key decision makers in client firms
- Ability to work well independently and be self-motivated as well as work on a team and across functional areas of an organization
- A passion for persuasion, especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- Superior verbal and written communication skills
- A demonstrated ability to read and understand people
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have a creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top