Associate VP/VP, Strategic Solutions, Tech Sector
GLG Projects leverages GLG’s world leading platform for professional learning and network of 650,000+ professionals to provide our clients with the insights and expertise to answers their various complex business challenges. Over the past 3 years, this fast-growing business led by former top tier consultants has been serving many GLG clients across a variety of sectors.
Our Projects’ business model combines the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the experience of leading subject matter experts from GLG’s network to provide streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support. The Projects team works with our clients manage their various projects by understanding their needs, developing project proposals, and overseeing deliverable quality.
The Associate VP/VP will lead our Projects, Tech Sector team and drive the growth of our global tech practice, including owning P&L responsibilities. Our client base includes but is not limited to Business/IT Services, Enterprise Software, Enterprise Hardware, FinTech, Information Services, Semiconductor, and/or Telecom organizations. The Strategic Projects, Tech Sector team works with corporate leaders in Strategy, Marketing, Product Innovation, and General Management on their strategic advisory needs and creates customized teams that can best address their questions.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of Projects’ commercial pipeline development including client relationship and project opportunities
- Oversee project execution, work with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Lead internal and external Projects business development initiatives and contribute to making Projects a major growth engine at GLG
- Build and grow a team of 6-8 professionals over a 1-2 year timeframe, being responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring of more junior colleagues.
- The role provides regular exposure to the GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- At least 4 years of experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, and another 4 years of experience working in a corporate environment in a technology business, preferably in Enterprise Hardware/Software
- Must have a good understanding of relevant Tech industry trends affecting sub-sector topics such as: Big Data/Analytics, Blockchain, Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), Digital Transformation, Internet of Things, Video, Virtualization (SDN/NFV) and VR/AR
- A strong commercial skill set for negotiations and closing deals, as well as entrepreneurial zeal
- Must have superior communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills are required
- Must be a team player
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it
Back to top