Associate Vice President/ Vice President, Strategy
The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG top management team to set the strategic agenda for GLG, support decision making, and implement key initiatives. The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics including product development, capital allocation, sales, marketing, and operations. The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization. This will report to the Corporate Development and Strategy Vice President who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development. This Manager will be expected to own delivery of large projects and implementations which impact multiple business units and influence the financial performance of GLG.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
This role will offer a broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with the Engagement Team and GLG leadership to develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Interviews and syndication: Engage with GLG management team and external players to develop a deep understanding of the market and test frameworks and implications
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Evaluation and diligence: Understand the competitive landscape and evaluate potential acquisitions, joint ventures and strategic partnerships
- Implementation: Work with GLG sales, product and operation teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 3-5 years of experience within a top tier management consultancy, additional work experience desirable
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Experience of conducting high quality analysis
- Good facility with Excel and Powerpoint
- Knowledge of SQL or data analysis tools a plus
- Comfort with ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top