Associate Vice President, Strategy
Associate Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategy
- The overall purpose of the role is to work with the GLG top management team to set the strategic agenda for GLG, support decision making, and implement key initiatives
- The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics including operational improvement, product development, sales and marketing, and also regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization
- Will report to the Head of Corporate Development and Strategy who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development
- Will work closely with the General Managers of the main BUs
- This role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forwards projects, and as the role progresses the candidate may quickly transition into an key managerial role within one of our BUs.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- This role will offer a broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. While there will be a substantial analytical component to this role, the role is also very much about ‘doing’ and rapidly implementing ideas which can drive GLG forwards. The ideal candidate may quickly transition into one of our BUs as a key executive to drive major transformation. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Framework development: Develop the hypothesis and analytical frameworks to drive decision making
- Data gathering and analysis: Identify and access key data sources to put a fact base behind the analytical frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Presentation preparation and development: Develop written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Project management: Lead and coordinate multiple resources across the company to execute key strategic projects
- Drive and implement change: Work closely with GLG operations and other teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university and MBA or other advanced degree.
- 4-6 years of experience within a tier 1 management consultancy, additional work experience desirable
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Experience of conducting high quality research
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Ability to project manage large teams and drive transformation
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Comfort with ambiguity
- Good facility with Excel and Powerpoint
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top