Associate Vice President, Strategic Projects
Associate Vice President, Strategic Projects – TMT
GLG Strategic Projects offers a disruptive alternative to traditional management consulting. Over the past 2 years, this fast growing business led by former top tier consultants has been serving many GLG clients in corporate and financial services sectors across North America. We are looking for an experienced management consultant with a true entrepreneurial mindset to launch and grow our business in technology and consumer products, with an emphasis on technology, media, and telecom (TMT).
Today, business leaders, investors, and entrepreneurs increasingly demand differentiated support and innovative insights. GLG Strategic Projects offers a disruptive alternative to traditional consultingy building flexible, tailored, and timely solutions for clients, leveraging the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise.
Our business model combines the problem-solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by GLG’s internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized, and cost-effective project support.
The Corporate Strategic Projects team works with corporate leaders in Strategy, Marketing, Innovation, and General Management to understand their business challenges and create customized teams that can best address their questions. We are looking for a driven professional with significant experience working at a top-tier management consulting firm to drive the growth of a global TMT practice and own P&L responsibilities.
The Associate VP for TMT should bring working knowledge of subsectors aligned with GLG’s client base, including Business/IT Services, Enterprise Software, Enterprise Hardware, FinTech, Information Services, Semiconductor, and/or Telecom. The candidate should have a good understanding of relevant high-level industry trends affecting these sub-sectors including topics such as: Big Data/Analytics, Blockchain, Cloud (SaaS/PaaS/IaaS), Digital Transformation, Internet of Things, Video, Virtualization (SDN/NFV) and VR/AR. Additionally, the ideal candidate would bring relationships with operating executives at large TMT firms to whom GLG can market our Strategic Projects offering.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/sp
The role offers broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment.
- Our internal team of former consultants plays a dual role:
- Support all aspects of Strategic Projects’ deal development and closing, manage projects from start to finish and work hand-in-hand with each engagement team and client to ensure top quality level of service and deliverables (i.e., similar to a principal role in a consulting firm)
- Lead internal and external Strategic Projects business development initiatives, and contribute making Strategic Projects a major growth engine at GLG
- The AVP role offers exposure to a broad range of functional responsibilities, including product development and marketing, sales, and operations.
- The role also provides regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization, and unlimited opportunities to build strong relationships with our clients.
- The AVP will build and grow a team of 6-8 professionals over a 1-2 year timeframe, being responsible for hiring, coaching and mentoring of more junior colleagues.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years at a top-tier management consulting firm
- 3+ years working in a corporate environment within a TMT firm, preferably in Enterprise Hardware/Software
- Strong project management skills
- Superior written and oral communication skills
- Solid computer skills, i.e., Microsoft Office
- Strong interest in leading negotiations and closing deals
- Entrepreneurial zeal
- Team player
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top