Associate, Strategic Projects
Associate, Strategic Projects
About GLG Strategic Projects:
GLG Strategic Projects aims to transform the way the consulting industry works. As business leaders, investors and entrepreneurs increasingly seek differentiated support and insights, GLG is strongly positioned today to offer a disruptive alternative to traditional consulting service providers, leveraging the world’s leading platform for professional learning and expertise.
GLG Strategic Projects helps investors, business leaders and entrepreneurs solve some of their most complex business challenges by combining the problem solving and management skills of top-tier independent consultants and the real-life experience of leading industry experts. Projects are managed and run by our internal team of former top-tier consultants. This unique partnership approach provides streamlined, customized and cost-effective project support.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it/sp
The Associate will help grow the business by supporting all internal functions. The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics including operating model development; talent strategy and acquisition; operations; and marketing.
The Associate will report to the Vice President of Operations and Talent who will provide a close mentoring environment to rapidly accelerate development, while simultaneously working closely with the full team. At the same time, this role will enjoy a great deal of autonomy to own and drive forward projects, and - as the role progresses - to own delivery of larger projects and implementations.
The role will also provide regular exposure to the full GLG senior management team and broader organization.
This role will also offer a broad exposure to strategy development and implementation in a highly entrepreneurial environment. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Structuring of key business issues: Work with the Business Development Team, Operations and Talent team; and GLG leadership to develop the hypotheses and analytical frameworks to drive decision making related to talent strategy, operations, and marketing
- Analytics: Identify and analyze key data sources to put a fact base behind the frameworks and develop readily intelligible output to support decision making
- Recruiting: Lead all aspects of talent pool recruiting including consultant identification, evaluation, and system management of the talent pool
- Presentation: Develop and deliver written and verbal communications to inform and align with key decision makers
- Implementation: Work with GLG talent, operations, marketing, and engineering teams to implement strategic recommendations
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Undergraduate degree from a tier 1 university
- 1 – 3 years post college work experience; professional services domain preferred
- Top quartile performance within peer group throughout education and career
- Broad strategic thinker able to pick up and engage on a broad range of business topics
- Strong drive to 'crack the problem' with a deep intellectual curiosity and integrity, combined with a practical sense of how to cut to the core issues and analysis
- Strong ability to influence and work within the organization
- Solid grip on strategic and financial fundamentals
- Experience conducting high quality analysis
- Ability to work within an entrepreneurial environment
- Good facility with Excel and PowerPoint
- Comfort with ambiguity
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 400,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,200 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top