Associate, Financial Planning & Analysis
GLG is seeking a Finance Associate to Financially, Strategically, and Operationally partner with our business units to support their significant top and bottom-line growth. This highly visible role will include significant exposure to and interaction with key business stakeholders. In recent years, our businesses have delivered robust double-digit revenue growth and are well positioned to maintain this growth trajectory going forward. The Finance Associate will be located at our New York office.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
• Budgeting and Forecasting – Manage mid and long-range business plans, including the annual budget, quarterly forecast, and 3-year plan processes. Maintain and develop reliable revenue and cost forecasting processes utilizing business manager inputs and internal databases, as well as judgment and knowledge of historical performance and trends. Own the regular financial plan update process, including all financial drivers, KPIs, staffing plans, and investments needed to achieve these results.
• KPIs – Develop and demonstrate a deep understanding of the business’s operations, key metrics, and current trends. Develop a viewpoint on all analyses created to make clearly supported recommendations regarding expected initiative outcomes and assessments of risks and opportunities.
• Operating and Strategic – This position is responsible for several operating and strategic initiatives outside of the typical finance function, including serving as a representative for business intelligence efforts, partnering with the Accounting team on the financial close process, and being a thought partner with the business unit.
• Presentations – Assist with the production of periodic financial reporting materials and presentations regarding business performance for Senior Management and the Board of Directors.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
• BA/BS degree
• 3-5 years of applicable work experience, such as in FP&A, investment banking, consulting, or other highly analytical role
• A working knowledge of SQL and business intelligence tools (Tableau) is preferred, but not required
• Analytic creativity, insight, and adaptability to build structure around loosely defined projects, as well as the tenacity to drive implementation of new processes/initiatives through to completion
• Strong interpersonal skills including senior presence and communication skills (written and oral)
• Advanced use of Microsoft Office products including MS Excel and MS PowerPoint, and previous experience with Anaplan is nice to have
• Attention to detail, analytic consistency, and data integrity
• Ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
Back to top