Associate, Corporate Markets Industrials
Associate, Corporate Markets - Industrials
GLG founded more than fifteen years ago, has developed a network of leading experts to provide business decision-makers with insights to drive better, more informed outcomes. Initially serving investment firms, GLG has grown to support professional services firms and corporations across every industry.
This is an exceptional opportunity for someone who is entrepreneurial and wants to build a business with a best-in-class management team, many of whom have worked in leading management consultancies, investment banks and operating companies.
The Corporate teams are high-revenue growth groups with substantial market potential, and this role will be expected to be an integral part in the execution of a cohesive strategy to accelerate this growth by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms.
Candidates for an Associate position on the GLG Corporate Markets - Industrials team in New York, NY, will be responsible for supporting and facilitating customized research solutions based upon our Energy and Industrial clients’ needs, creating innovative solutions on each client assignment. In addition, you will have the opportunity to grow key client relationships and make a real commercial impact for the Energy and Industrials business.
Associates are responsible for driving Gerson Lehrman Group’s underlying business processes, fulfilling timely client research requests, assisting senior team members with high-level product execution, and facilitating in-person interactions between GLG’s clients and Council Members:
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Facilitating educational interactions between members of the GLG membership and our clients, to permit our clients to make more informed and more confident investment decisions. Senior Associates are tasked with fulfilling time sensitive research requests by analyzing client requests and building and qualifying primary populations of topic experts. Most GLG client – expert interactions consist of telephone consultations but also may consist of surveys, research travel programs, and in-depth engagements.
- Enhancing the GLG Councils. Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and key executives across all industries, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach.
- Growing GLG client relationships. Developing relationships with GLG clients, who are primarily strategy, corporate development, innovation, and product management teams at leading industrials. This relationship development will stem from project execution, telephone interactions, and in-person client meetings.
- Team-wide collaboration. As with any position in a GLG client office, Associates are expected to work in conjunction with team members both in the office and across North American Corporate Markets, especially those colleagues in our operations offices with whom they are collaborating. They also work closely with our Business Development team to develop customized products for GLG clients.
- Leading and owning GLG compliance standards. Clearly communicating to GLG clients and experts the integrity of the GLG platform as a key differentiator of our business and understanding the compliance considerations across different industries.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelors of Science (BS) or Master’s from a top-tier university is preferred.
- 1-2 years of applicable work experience preferred.
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities.
- Successful track record working in a complex, multi-task-oriented team environment
- Strong interest in diversified industrial manufacturing to include: energy management, specialty materials, industrial automation, M2M software communication, aerospace and industrial components.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth
- Exhibit constant attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
- Passion for problem solving and continuous improvement
- Desire manage sophisticated B2B relationships with leading industrial manufacturing firms and ability to work effectively across teams and business units to achieve success
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,300 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top