Brief Job Description
A Research Associate in the corporate team will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to a diverse portfolio of leading corporates based in Shenzhen. Research Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfill their primary research needs.
Full Job Description
Following the growth of GLG business in Greater China and Asia overall, the Group is now investing in deepening its coverage of corporate clients as well as the delivery capabilities for value-added services, including surveys, events and strategic projects.
At the initial stage, we will emphasize deepening our relationships with existing corporate clients, primarily by building and expanding on the Group's core service of facilitating consultations and other interactions with experts globally. In parallel, we will selectively approach and on-board leading Chinese corporates with an intent to grow overseas or introduce overseas expertise to domestic operations.
GLG is seeking a Research Associate to support corporate clients in the greater China region. A Research Associate in the corporate team will be responsible for managing and executing primary research deliverables to add value to a diverse portfolio of leading corporates based in Hong Kong and Mainland China. Research Associates help to drive GLG’s business model and develop their segments client base through close coordination with senior members of the research team and working with clients to fulfill their primary research needs.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Fulfilling time-sensitive and in-depth research requests for GLG corporate clients based in Greater China, including a number of top Chinese corporates in the TMT space as well as the Asia/China teams of leading MNCs globally
- Leveraging GLG’s platform and network to match thought leaders with clients in thoughtful and creative formats, based upon the client’s research objectives
- Developing relationships with GLG’s most respected thought leaders and KOLs, as well as recruiting new senior executives and leading consultants into the GLG Councils through research, networking, and direct outreach
- Collaborating closely with senior team members to program live event content for Asia as well as more broadly distributed virtual event content
- Coordinating with cross-functional and international colleagues to develop product strategies
- Working closely with Business Development colleagues and sector-specialized Managers to deepen existing client relationships
- Effectively interacting with corporate clients across the region and manage relationships with senior leaders.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Bachelor's degree or higher from a top tier university
- 0 to 3 years relevant industry experience or experience in corporate and professional services
- Successful track record of managing multiple, simultaneous complex tasks in fast paced, client service environment
- Strong analytical skills to grasp clients’ key project demands and objectives in complex/technical requests
- Superior communication skills, including demonstrated presentation abilities and client servicing skills
- Proficiency (oral and written) in English & Mandarin
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for accelerated growth
- Exhibit relentless attention to detail
- Express a strong desire to work in a team
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 500,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,400 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.glg.it
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Director & Head of Client Solutions for North American Financial Services
Gentry uses his economics and sales background to understand the larger picture of the service economy—ensuring that Financial Services Council Members provide clients with the essential professional learning tools.
Back to top