Analyst - Reporting & Analysis
Overview of the Role:
The overall purpose of this role is to design and develop meaningful dashboards to help structure GLG’s reporting and analytical capabilities. The role will offer exposure to a broad range of topics across business units and functional areas.
This role will draw upon a full range of Tableau functionalities to design, develop, and enhance highly interactive dashboards, reports, and scorecards. Day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Create: Build Tableau dashboards and reports, and the required SQL scripts, which convey actionable metrics and analysis
- Optimize: Identify non-Tableau reports and subsequently transition these reports to Tableau to create a higher level of interactivity and user-friendliness
- Automate: Work towards building a self-serve model and automating one-off requests
- Problem-solve: Recognize weaknesses and troubleshoot problems within current reporting infrastructure
- Thought partner: Collaborate with the remainder of the R&A team to optimize company-wide reporting infrastructure
- Learn: Pursue continuous learning of Tableau features and functionalities
This person is passionate about developing innovative and useful business intelligence solutions in Tableau, and is on a continuous journey to develop his or her understanding, intuition, and toolkit with which to explore this passion. He or she is methodical and leverages knowledge of data visualization to deliver creative and insightful dashboards to business users. He or she exhibits problem-solving capabilities that will be particularly useful when faced with technical challenges. Finally, he or she is an effective communicator, a strong team-player, and an excellent Tableau developer.
Specific requirements include
- Bachelors degree in computer science, engineering, statistics, or related field;
- Advanced experience with Tableau (6 months - 2 years preferred);
- Hands-on experience with creating data visualizations;
- Solid T-SQL query development techniques (6 months - 2 years preferred);
- Coursework or real-world knowledge of statistics, statistical analysis, or probability;
- Strong analytical skills with ability to manipulate raw data into meaningful insights;
- Understanding of software development lifecycle;
- Proficient use of MS office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Knowledge of R;
- Knowledge of CSS and HTML (preferred, not mandatory);
- Excellent communication skills.
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who also:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth;
- Exhibit constant attention to detail;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
EEO Policy Statement
GLG is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top