Analyst - German
Overview of the Role:
German Analysts know how to make the right connections with the right people. They focus on identifying top professionals who can provide industry insight and knowledge to our clients, the world’s leading financial investment firms, professional services firms, and corporations, as they seek to learn more about the world around us. Analysts explain to industry professionals what it means to work with GLG and recruit them into GLG’s professional membership network, the GLG Councils. In addition, they manage the relationships with new European Council Members and serve as a liaison between them and research professionals within GLG.
German Analysts thrive in a fast-paced environment, multitasking between various projects. They are curious individuals who are excited about a communication-driven role. Whether it is successfully communicating GLG’s business model to a current CEO of a major company or composing a professional biography to present to a client, the Analyst role is an exciting entry-level position in a growing global firm.
- As an German Analyst, each day presents a variety of research objectives requiring critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills. You will learn to master a client relationship workflow while developing business acumen, time-management skills, professionalism, and communication skills. In our open and collaborative work space, you will communicate with colleagues across multiple GLG teams in a friendly, idea-sharing, and support-driven manner.
- Complete a fast-paced training program that leads to client/end-market alignment;
- Communicate clearly and effectively the mission and business model of GLG to industry professionals and recruit European Council Members into the GLG Councils;
- Work collaboratively in partnership with other GLG teammates to develop a deep understanding of the client’s needs;
- Gain knowledge of industry dynamics across all verticals and sectors through the use of technology tools and other creative means;
- Learn GLG’s policies and procedures for protecting the integrity of all GLG engagements.
Across all of our positions, GLG seeks excellence, integrity, creativity, and professionalism. Specifically, we look for individuals who thrive in new environments and approach their work with precision and a drive to continually improve overall skill-set and performance.
For this position, we seek applicants with bachelor's or master’s degrees or equivalent work experience. The following factors will strengthen an applicant’s candidacy:
- Superior communication and interaction skills, including demonstrated oral, written and presentation abilities in a business-focused setting using a variety of communication channels (telephone, e-mail, in-person, etc.);
- Excellent command over English language;
- Must be level B2 or C1 proficient in German Language
- General knowledge of European cultures, awareness of European business practices;
- Knowledge or 1-3 years of work experience preferably working in profiles requiring internet research;
- This position is for our Gurgaon office. Candidates from Delhi/ NCR may apply.
- Demonstrated commitment and attention to detail, ideally in a high-volume, fast-paced environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills;
- Passion for fast-paced learning, especially in a technology-enabled environment;
- Ability to work effectively independently and/or collaboratively in a team.
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Utilize superior analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth, and lead others to do the same;
- Express a strong desire to work in a team;
- Respond effectively to management direction and clients’ needs;
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 425,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 1,000 employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or certain other securities to avoid appearances of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-competition agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
EEO Policy Statement
GLG is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Back to top