Account Manager - Private Equity
The Account Manager – Private Equity is a key client-facing role on GLG’s Financial Services team that plays a vital part in GLG’s relationship with private equity institutions in EMEA. The Account Manager engages & manages client relationships within the investment management segment, helping them fully realize the value of GLG’s platform. They will have responsibility to develop both large and mid-sized firms, collaborating with a team of research professionals across multiple offices to bring new product ideas to market.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels (Associate, VP, MD, Partner) in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition.
- Collaborate with GLG’s EMEA-wide research teams to retain and grow existing client relationships.
- Identify growth opportunities, build and execute account plans and realize objectives by helping to lead and prioritize GLG’s client service teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues – sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology – to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market.
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and new business.
Key performance metrics for the Account Manager include expanding penetration of existing clients and monetization of work as well as new client acquisition and adoption of new products and systems. They will manage existing relationships, drive engagement and product adoption and, in time, build a new business pipeline in the investment management segment. The Account Manager will report to a segment leader in London on the financial services sales team. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
Candidates for this position need to have demonstrated an ability to make consultative enterprise-level sales, as well as to develop, build and execute account plans by coordinating resources across multiple client service teams. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
Additional candidate qualifications include:
- 3-6 years of demonstrated success in one of these fields:
- Consultant/Business Development at top-tier strategy consultancy
- Executive search at a top-tier firm
- Financial services’ industry sales
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Have demonstrated an ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG’s platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG’s 650,000+ member-experts and 1,800 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top