Account Manager, New Markets
Account Manager, Growth & Portfolio
Responsible for managing and growing business relationships with mid-large cap companies within the continental United States through subscription renewals, expanding commercial reach into new user groups and cross-selling products from GLG’s suite.
The corporate markets team is a high growth division at GLG, and this role will be expected to accelerate this growth by establishing, deepening and expanding relationships with new and existing client firms through GLG’s mulit-product platform.
Account management is a business development opportunity for professionals to immerse themselves in the client experience at GLG; from designing account-based strategies, to helping drive usage growth, to collaborating on new growth opportunities via innovative product platforms, to managing subscription renewals.
Successful professional in this role are able think strategically and execute commercially across a variety of different accounts, while driving collaboration and partnership cross-functionally across GLG’s research and product teams.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Manage all aspects of the renewal life cycle for GLG’s subscription relationships.
- Manage key client interactions, onboardings, proposal deliveries, new growth opportunities within accounts and subscription renewal.
- Execute against a renewal and product revenue target for a portfolio of existing clients.
- Develop account plans and sales strategies to execute on driving usage growth with current subscriptions and creating cross-selling opportunities.
- Collaborate cross-functionally with research teams to deliver a superior client service and customer experience. This includes activating and re-activating users; training and onboarding user groups; developing custom solution against key client objectives.
- Coordinate closely with colleagues across GLG product teams to identify potential opportunities and to execute on product growth targets.
- Track and analyze KPIs and trends on account activity, usage, and company and industry level dynamics.
Key performance metrics for this role include performance to closed deals and revenue target, personal performance to target, effectiveness of senior-level client engagement, user growth and adoption by clients of new products and systems. Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to sell and manage sophisticated B2B relationships. Candidates should be comfortable articulating the value of our expert network, professional services, and client-facing software systems to clients.
An ideal candidate will have the following:
- Demonstrated commercial success (either in a research or BD capacity) with client accounts.
- A strong passion for persuasion – especially around complicated and intellectually challenging issues
- A demonstrated ability to understand business issues and communicate clearly on solutions.
- A demonstrated ability to internalize GLG’s value proposition and to communicate and customize it effectively for different corporate functions across an enterprise.
- Resilience / strength of character: the willingness to take risks and overcome failures
- Teamwork and professionalism
More broadly, we seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Lead others to do the same
- Have creative and entrepreneurial mindset; are interested in helping to build a business and to be compensated according to performance
- Have demonstrated ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top