Account Manager – Growth Markets, Financial Services - EMEA (Spanish Speakers Preferred)
The Account Manager is a key client-facing role on GLG’s financial services sales team, playing a vital part in GLG’s relationship with financial institutions in the EMEA region. The Account Manager engages & manages client relationships, helping them fully realise the value of GLG’s platform. They will have responsibility to develop both large and mid-sized firms, collaborating with a team of Client Solutions professionals to bring new project ideas to clients.
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels within the client in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition.
- Collaborate with GLG’s EMEA-wide research teams to retain and grow existing client relationships.
- Identify growth opportunities, build & execute account plans and realize objectives by helping to lead & prioritize GLG’s client service teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues – sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology – to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market.
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and new business.
Key performance metrics for the Account Manager include expanding penetration of existing clients and monetization of work as well as new client acquisition and adoption of new products and systems. They will manage existing relationships, drive engagement and product adoption and, in time, build a new business pipeline in the EMEA Financial Services segment. The Account Manager will report to the Head of Growth Markets and Non-UK Financial Services Sales in London.
Candidates for this position need to have demonstrated an ability to make consultative enterprise-level sales, as well as to develop, build and execute account plans by coordinating resources across multiple client service teams. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication, organization and client service. Successful candidates will naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
Beneficial experience and qualifications include:
- Circa 4-7 years’ experience in an Account Management/Sales/Business Development role within, or selling to, the financial services sector
- Multiple language skills in addition to fluent English - Spanish highly beneficial
We seek bright, positive and flexible people to:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavours;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Have demonstrated an ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time.
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group GLG is the world's leading platform for professional learning. Business leaders, investors, consultants, social entrepreneurs, and other top professionals rely on GLG to learn in short- and long-term engagements from a membership of more than 750,000 experts. Clients partner with GLG to address their most complex strategic challenges, make better business decisions, and advance their careers through conversations, mentorships, small group convenings, surveys, and other interactions—all within a rigorous compliance framework. Global, technology-driven, and nimble, GLG’s 2,000+ employees work in 22 offices in 12 countries.
We believe strongly in our mission- and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Back to top