Account Manager - FR/DACH
The Account Manager is a key client-facing role on GLG’s Financial Services team that plays a vital part in GLG’s relationship with financial services institutions in EMEA. The Account Manager engages & manages client relationships within the investment management segment, helping them fully realize the value of GLG’s platform. They will have responsibility to develop both large and mid-sized firms, collaborating with a team of research professionals across multiple offices to bring new product ideas to market.
The Account Manager’s core responsibility set includes:
- Directly engage and build relationships across all seniority levels (Analyst, Portfolio Manager, Partner, CIO) in order to articulate GLG’s brand and tailor our value proposition.
- Collaborate with GLG’s EMEA-wide research teams to retain and grow existing client relationships.
- Identify growth opportunities, build & execute account plans and realize objectives by helping to lead & prioritize GLG’s client service teams.
- Collaborate with colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to solve complex business issues and successfully bring these to market.
- Work alongside senior sales managers in negotiating enterprise level deals for existing clients and new business.
Key performance metrics for the Account Manager include expanding penetration of existing clients and monetization of work as well as new client acquisition and adoption of new products and systems. They will manage existing relationships, drive engagement and product adoption and, in time, build a new business pipeline in the investment management segment. The Account Manager will report to a segment leader in London on the financial services sales team. They will also be expected to work closely with other client service professionals.
Candidates for this position need to have demonstrated an ability to make consultative enterprise-level sales, as well as to develop, build and execute account plans by coordinating resources across multiple client service teams. Candidates must be comfortable articulating the value of primary research and GLG’s learning platform to large and small audiences alike.
Candidates must have a clear track record of excellence in several categories, including: teamwork, professionalism, communication (including French and German language skill), organization and client service. Successful candidates naturally align to and demonstrate GLG’s core values of courage, integrity, curiosity and judgement.
Additional candidate qualifications include:
- French and German language skills
3-5 years of demonstrated success in one of these fields:
- Consultant/Business Development at top-tier strategy consultancy
- Equity sales
- Application service provider sales
- Financial services’ industry sales
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors;
- Think creatively and focus on opportunities for growth and lead others to do the same;
- Have demonstrated an ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
GLG is the world’s leading platform for on-demand professional learning. Businesses rely on GLG to learn from 600,000+ member-experts; clients look to address complex strategic challenges and make better business decisions within a rigorous compliance framework. Headquartered in New York City, GLG’s 1,500+ employees work from offices in 12 countries. Visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade stocks or any other security that may present a conflict of interest or appearance of conflict of interest. GLG also requires that all employees sign a confidentiality and non-compete agreement with our firm. We conduct background checks on all prospective new hires.
EEO Policy Statement
Gerson Lehrman Group, Inc. (“GLG”) is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, race, religion, color, marital status, disability, gender, national origin, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
Meet Some of GLG's Employees
Senior Vice President, Corporate Markets
Aly manages a team of GLG leaders, providing them with important tools for success and overseeing their career development.
Back to top