Account Manager, Financial Services
The Junior Business Development Manager on Financial Services will be deployed in support of client relationships, strategic positioning, and as a thought partner in client negotiations and executing complex projects.
Investment firms seek to better understand a variety of companies, situations, assets, and price dislocations. For each client, GLG deploys a highly-skilled engagement team tasked with understanding their objectives, and crafting a solution in support of their investment diligence and betterment of the fund. GLG’s work enables our clients to make better decisions, to work more effectively and productively; and, to benefit from the intelligence and experience of our 600,000+ experts (The Councils).
Specific responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Directly engage and build relationships with investment professionals at GLG’s existing Financial Services clients and articulate GLG’s premium brand, offering and value proposition
- Develop and negotiate professional service retainers for existing clients across the full line of GLG’s services.
- Work creatively and collaboratively with internal colleagues—sales, marketing, legal, research, finance, technology—to deliver solutions to solve complex business issues.
- Build account plans, set account growth objectives, and quarterback client service teams to achieve those objectives
- Effectively communicate GLG’s mission, vision, and strategy
- Represent the core values that underpin GLG’s culture
Key performance metrics for this role include contract value growth from existing clients, pipeline development, and the adoption of new product/service offerings. The Business Development Manager will report directly to an Emerging Growth segment leader on GLG’s Business Development team and is expected to work closely with Research professionals.
Candidates for this position should have a demonstrated ability to be commercial and/or have a track record of overachieving in a performance-based environment, preferably but not exclusively, in the financial services industry. Candidates should be comfortable articulating GLG’s value proposition as well as negotiating and closing contracts.
Additional candidate qualifications include 2-4 years of demonstrated success in one or more of these fields:
- Account Management with financial services clients
- Diligence and consulting solutions to institutional investors
- Consultant at a top-tier strategy consultancy
- Investment professional or consultant working in a performance-driven environment
- Enterprise-level Application Service Provider (ASP or SaaS) or senior software sales
We seek bright, positive and flexible people who:
- Act with the highest integrity and professionalism in all their endeavors
- Think creatively and endeavor to improve themselves, as well as our materials and processes
- Have impeccable attention to detail
- Express a desire to work in a team environment
- Possess exceptional oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate the ability and initiative to handle increasing responsibility over time
About GLG / Gerson Lehrman Group
GLG's platform connects business to expertise for smarter, faster decisions. Our clients rely on GLG's 600,000+ member-experts and 1,600 employees around the globe to provide 24/7 insight and exceptional service within a rigorous compliance framework. Visit www.glg.it.
We believe strongly in our mission - and values-driven culture. Our core values drive our success. They are: learning & curiosity, responsibility, courage, judgment, fresh perspective, service, and integrity.
To learn more, visit www.GLG.it.
Notes: GLG does not allow employees to trade public equities or debt
Back to top