Value Stream Manager
Minimum tertiary education, B. Science, B. Management, B. Eng or any other related qualification.
Degree and Master Level in Manufacturing Management and equivalent will be an added advantage
Value Stream Manager
We are currently recruiting for a Value Stream Manager to join our Global Manufacturing & Supply plant based in Ulu Klang. This role will mainly be responsible for planning, organizing, directing and controlling production shift activities in Value Stream 3 in accordance with established Company's and Regulatory Authorities policy such as GMP, Environment, Safety and Health procedures.
At GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) we are dedicated to improving the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better, live longer. GSK is one of the world's leading research based healthcare companies, with over 100,000 employees in 150 countries across our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare business.
We are proud of the difference we make and in 2016, FORTUNE Magazine ranked GSK #1 on its list of companies that are changing the world. The 'Change the World' list recognises companies that have made significant progress in sustainable, scalable approaches to addressing societal problems as part of their company strategy. Put simply, our focus is on improving access and affordability of medicines, regardless of where people live or their ability to pay.
GSK has been present in Asia for over 50 years and our commitment to the region is strengthened by the establishment of our purpose-built headquarters for Asia. Situated in Singapore, GSK Asia House is a further step in our long-standing strategy to grow and diversify our company - emphasizing the globally balanced business we have built over the years. To better support Asia, we focus on developing talent to improve our ability to make the right decisions for healthcare professionals, patients and consumers across the region.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Global Manufacturing & Supply - GSK's Global Manufacturing & Supply (GMS) plant produces leading consumer brands, services 13 global markets including Australia and New Zealand and is a leader in Good Manufacturing Practice and 'Premise/Factory of Choice" for industrial excellence in the region
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Quality Assurance, PPIC and Warehouse on material availability in order to minimize production disruption to meet ASP dates.
- Co-ordinate and liaise with Engineering to ensure machine uptime is maximizing to meet agreed ASP dates.
- To prepare the monthly production schedule and manpower requirement for the designated section. This is to be done in collaboration with Planners and Production Supervisors.
- To monitor daily production output to ensure schedule adherence of 98%.
- To be proactive in planning of production work when problems of not meeting the schedule arises.
- Understand and prepare procedure relating to GQP for production
- Prepare implementation program based on QMS
- Put in place the measurement system to ensure compliance to GQP/GQG
- Prepare yearly self-assessment schedule to ensure compliance
- SOPs/MPCR Revision and daily checking of MPCR and other daily production records. To ensure 100% accuracy and documents are submitted on time.
- To ensure that all safety policies and procedures are followed in the production department.
- Assist in the Financial Planning Process I.e. Preparing 3/1 Plan and Annual Operating Budget.
- Minimum tertiary education, B. Science, B. Management, B. Eng or equivalent.
- Degree and Masters Holder in Manufacturing Management or equivalent will be an added advantage
- 3-4 years' experience in production management/ production planning, manufacturing and people management
- Good GMP, SAP knowledge.
- High standard of communication and writing skills
- Good leadership skills and drives in term of production, manufacturing and people development and management
- Possess good interpersonal, motivational and communication skills to allow effective liaison with internal and external parties.
What We Can Offer You
GSK's dedication to the wellbeing of our employees is reflected in the benefits we offer; including healthcare for yourself and dependents, performance related bonus, long term incentives and a host of other flexible offerings you can tailor to your own preferences. We also offer a range of employee health and wellbeing programs including our truly unique Partnership for Prevention program, a global commitment by GSK to provide all employees with up to 40 preventative healthcare services bringing to life our mission to: do more, feel better and live longer.
At GSK, we value diversity and treat all candidates equally. We aim to create an inclusive workplace where all employees feel engaged, supportive of one another, and know their work makes an important contribution.
If you would like to join us in innovating and inspiring changes in the industry, we urge you to apply.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top