Vaccine Manufacturing Production Supervisor
- BS or BA in a biological, chemical science, or engineering or equivalent technical discipline.
- Prior pharmaceutical production experience of 3 years, in vaccines or biopharmaceuticals and a minimum of 3 years in a role leading cross functional teams.
- The ability to delegate, train, evaluate, coach and discipline others is required.
- In lieu of this experience, completing the GSK graduate rotational program will be considered.
- Experience supervising and managing production including aseptic technique, filling, and lyophilization, product visual inspection, input to scheduling and planning and regulatory compliance.
Why GSK? Because GSK's vaccines business puts the customer at the heart of everything we do. That's why we define our vaccines mission as: Protecting • Human • Kind. Protecting because we strive to turn the science of immunology into high-quality, practical protection against disease; Human because we are investing time in understanding and delivering on our customers' needs and helping them achieve their vaccination goals; and Kind because we recognize and act on our responsibilities to serve societies, rich and poor.
This individual will supervise under guidance from manager and higher level supervisory staff the aseptic buffer and vaccine formulation, vial filling lyophilizing, vial capping and vial inspection lines in secondary manufacturing operations to meet required quality, compliance and delivery targets of process validation lots and commercial products. Ensure manufacturing operations are executed in cGMP compliant manner and complies with company conformance standards and all applicable regulations. Manage the training and qualifications for staff to insure all operating procedures are followed and compliant with all company defined standards and federal regulations. Develop skills, supervise, lead and motivate a production team. Hours are Wed 5am-3:30, Thurs 5am-1:30pm, Fri 3am-1:30pm and Sat 7am-1:30pm.
- Supervise manufacturing processes, automation equipment and personnel to ensure quality operations.
- Proactively and continuously manage product risk and escalate risks through site management, consult with manager as needed.
- Supervise the day to day activities of operations associates and Electro Mechanical Technicians performing aseptic buffer and vaccine formulation, filling, lyophilization, capping and inspection manufacturing operations. Coordinate resources required to complete routine work and assigned special projects in a timely manner. Manage manufacturing operations through SAP functions.
- During active Technical Transfer projects, work with Local Team, Donor Site and Global Technology
- Support and assist Process PQMP and PQ/PV Execution.
- Assists with the development and implementation of productivity improvement plans using Industrial Excellence methodologies.
Monitor and report progress of safety objectives, performance against schedule and number of defects. Identify the cause of the problems and continue to educate staff on solutions, accident avoidance and error reductions.
- Work towards becoming an SME in the development and maintenance of simple, effective, visual LSOPs for Equipment and Areas.
- Co-owner for Quality System Events related to aseptic formulation, filling, lyophilization, capping and inspection manufacturing operations. Support the process for and troubleshoots process deviations and equipment failures.
- Co-Responsible for RIMP activities in support of inspection readiness for the FFL Value Stream.
- Manage safe and efficient operations of assigned production areas of GSK Bio Marietta by ensuring all supervised personnel are adequately trained and perform routine inspections.
- Perform all job responsibilities in compliance with applicable EHS and GMP regulations, guidelines, policies, GSK standard operating & safety procedures, and industry practice and Industrial Excellence initiatives.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top