US Health Outcomes and Epidemiology Scientist, Vaccines
- Masters or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e., Health Policy, Economics, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration, Epidemiology) and 8-10+ years relevant experience
- Training in reimbursement and access, epidemiology, health economics and/or outcomes research
- Experience working in pharmaceutical industry, managed care, hospital, academic or healthcare
- PhD, PharmD, MD or equivalent in a relevant discipline (i.e., Health Policy, Economics, Health Services Research, Pharmacy Administration, Epidemiology, etc)
- Experience in vaccines therapeutic area
- Demonstrated verbal, written, and presentation skills to effectively communicate & gain support of strategic plans, tactical activities and evidence generated laterally within group, upwardly to middle & senior management, and across matrix
- Effective in the appropriate interpretation and dissemination of HO data externally to decision makers via approved channels (manuscripts, registries, meetings) in accordance with policies & regulations
- Strategic and tactical application of HO expertise (retrospective database studies, chart reviews, cross-sectional surveys, prospective observational studies, PRO development & validation, economic modeling, payer research); ability to apply and adapt in concert with therapeutic knowledge
- Proven business knowledge and application to problem solving
- Reimbursement systems, healthcare market and decision-maker understanding
- Leads the development, management, design, implementation and delivery of US health outcome strategy & tactical plans for specific vaccine(s)/ disease area(s) to support the strategic objectives of GSK's vaccines during discovery, development, launch and/or life cycle management as appropriate for organizational role
- Leads and delivers tools/services to support reimbursement and access, and differentiate treatments within a therapeutic area in support of the US access of GSK vaccines by the right patients who benefit from them by evaluating and demonstrating their differentiated value to patients, physicians and payers during discovery, development and launch
- Works in partnership with matrix bodies within product development (access teams, medical matrix teams, medical commercial strategy teams, and project teams) and regions to ensure provision of health outcomes information to support internal decision making during all phases of vaccines development
- Collaborate with colleagues through matrix teams and line functions to provide input into development of vaccines development strategies at all stages of development
- Represents USHO on global and/or regional GSK initiatives
- Key regional therapeutic area HO plan for vaccine/disease area aligned with vaccines development strategy in order to help secure reimbursement, market access/formulary listing, and promotion
- Supervise/co-ordinate team leading the design of USHO studies and instruments, conduct studies to generate USHO data, and develop economic models to demonstrate the economic and humanistic benefits of GSK vaccines in a rigorous and timely manner
- Effective generation, implementation, communication and dissemination of health outcome plans and deliverables globally and regionally, both to internal and external audience
- Develop presentations, manuscripts, registry summaries and promotional pieces to communicate/disseminate HO data
- Leverage HO data with payers and providers through appropriate/approved mechanisms
- Training of field staff on HO data and promotional materials as appropriate for organizational role
- Develop and maintain excellent working relations with external HO experts/thought leaders to ensure appropriate methods in health economics and quality of life research are applied, in accordance with GSK policies
- Effective project management of external consultants/CROs/third parties to achieve project objectives within timelines and within budget
- Use expert knowledge of global and/or regional healthcare markets and needs of healthcare decision-makers to inform development of strategies.
- Share expert HO knowledge with department, stakeholders, and matrix team members
- Ensure all company and departmental required training for self is completed within necessary timeframe and documented appropriately
- Ensure all company and departmental SOPs are understood and adhered to by self
- As a Study Accountable Person (SAP), ensure that any observational study (retrospective database or chart review; meta-analysis/indirect comparison, prospective longitudinal) is tracked, monitored, reported, & disclosed according to all relevant policies & GSK procedures. This responsibility is owned by the SAP even if the activities are outsourced
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top