Training Manager For Pharmaceutical Division (Central America & Caribbean)
GSK is leader in innovation, not only in terms of our products but also the ways we get the right medicines and vaccines to the right patients at the right time. Our ways of working are the right thing to do, especially in the face of evolving stakeholders and expectations as they are a source of competitive advantage.
Obviously, the development of OUR people by improving their capabilities and the standardization of the way we work is a key driver. Through the work of the Commercial Excellence Team, we are investing in our people to embed common competency frameworks and practices to drive commercial performance.
Our people are incentivized based on their technical knowledge, the quality of service they deliver to Health Care Profesionals to support improved patient care and a broader set of business performance measures.
For this reason, YOU as our Training Manager will be responsible to design and develop learning solutions and implementation plans to build on competencies (encompassing knowledge, behaviors and skills), and considering training, methodology, learning programs and application of knowledge within the Commercial Organization, aligned to Central America & Caribbean Strategic Objectives to continually improve performance and excellence in execution
This role gives YOU the opportunity to lead key activities to progress YOUR career, the main of these are:
- Identify learning needs across commercial management community (Sales, Marketing, Commercial Excellence)
- Measure training outcomes against key deliverables in line with dashboards and other local performance measures
- Develop and implement training programmes to support new and existing commercial management and teams development (Sales, Marketing, Commercial Excellence)
- Complete designated training tasks as training needs arise (Sales, Marketing, Commercial Excellence)
- Effectively adapt to multiple training roles (e.g. facilitator, designer, liaison, etc.)
- Regularly update training materials aligned to GSK policies and requirements
- Develop and execute annual learning plans and budgets aligned to Commercial Strategies Objectives
- Establish metrics to assess commercial management capability in coaching, leadership and performance management (Sales, Marketing, Commercial Excellence)
- Leverage modern technology and training methods to improve sales performance through innovative and effective learning solutions
- Ensures alignment between brand and sales overseeing sales implementation of brand strategies
- Work with Senior Commercial staff to design, develop, and deliver, training solutions around strategic business needs (Sales, Marketing, Commercial Excellence)
- Addressing areas for improvement proactively in order to improve sales performance and excellence in execution
- Ensures that Second Line Sales Managers and First Line Sales Managers are adequately prepared to coach and develop their direct reports.
- Implementation of GSK Selling Excellence programmes aligned to Commercial Strategies Objectives
- Plans and executes implementation meetings.
- Planning and execution of trainings for cycle and/or regional/local meetings
- Maintain knowledge of contemporary training techniques
- Measure effectiveness of training programmes up to level 3 in the Kirkpatrick model
We are looking for professionals with these characteristics to achieve our goals:
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy, odontology or Medicine
- 2-3 year of experience in similar roles
- Fluent in English and Spanish (is a must)
- Availability to travel at least 75% of time
- Availability to live in Panama
- Coaching and Training experience
- Project management experience
- Training in adult learning principles
- Understanding of leadership attributes
- Highly proficient in facilitation skills
- Advanced computer skills
However, if you have the following, it would be a plus
- Previous experience in Pharmaceuticals or Consumer companies
- Advanced disease and product knowledge in key therapeutic areas
- Successful record in sales
- DiSC accreditation desirable
If you feel like this is your next career move, please apply up to september 25th
We are a science-led global healthcare company with a mission: we want to help people to do more, feel better, live longer.
In over 150 countries, and 300 years of history, GSK has a deep commitment to improving healthcare by developing innovative new medicines and widening access around the world.
We research and develop a broad range of innovative products, such as vaccines, medicines and consumer healthcare products, including: Sensodyne, CataflamPro/ Voltaren, Theraflu / Trimedal, Parodontax, Panadol, Polident and Otrivin.
GSK Employees are known to work across boundaries, so you will enjoy the benefits of being part of a diverse multicultural and multifunctional team, getting inspired through Drive Performance and a healthy and inclusive environment. We are known to have a positive mindset and always Live by Our Values, so here you will be very proud to do the right thing for patients.
Being a GSK employee allows you to challenge and to change by improving the way we do business, and impacting the way we Develop our own Capability and Talent. At GSK you will achieve your career ambitions through your personal and professional development.
With a commitment to integrity and respect for people you will work in an inclusive, sustainable and healthy environment, getting inspired by making the difference and playing an important role on the benefit of millions of patients and consumer worldwide.
Find out what life at GSK is really like www.gsk.com
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top