Trading and Brand Lead
JOB PURPOSE/KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
Office based Role including time to time customer facing meetings.
Deliver the Plan for designated brands
Deliver analytical dissection of the CEP traded lines to provide a clear strategy to compete with the everchanging challenges in the CEP space.
Accountable for an effective life-cycle management of our non-promoted portfolio through detailed planning assumptions, execution and measurement of activities
Engage with the other teams in the business to ensure overall promoted / non-promoted portfolio alignment
Provide Key customer market intelligence to the business weekly.
Accountable for the successful delivery of the Trade negotiations supported by the KAM team who will implement them through the various accounts and at a minimum carry out two face to face field visits with key customers.
This person is accountable for:
Delivery of the Plan for designated brands.
Execute clearly defined plans for designated brands within the portfolio, including
plans for inhalers (e.g. Ventolin, Becotide, Flixotide) based upon HPRA's decision to make Ventolin an Interchangeable MDI inhaler.
Provide Key customer market intelligence to Irish Leadership Team weekly / monthly as necessary.
Be accountable, independent, take ownership and stay close to the KAM's to challenge the KAM trading proposals with the Large Key accounts and buying groups.
Financial acumen must be extremely strong and must be capable of leading and challenging the trading teams to get the best deal for GSK whilst maintaining a trading balance to achieve success and our plan.
Understanding and knowledge of key retail drivers in Pharmacy eg. PI's, Generics and distribution networks in Ireland.
Must display strong commercial / business focus and industry knowledge, in particular the HSE environment and pharmacy pricing agreements.
Ability to positively influence others both within the organization and external to it.
Key Member of Classic and Established Products team
The commercial environment is fast paced, highly competitive and continually evolving. The Brand Manager needs to be accountable, focused, agile, show courage and must ensure that they create and sustain a competitive advantage for GSK with a winning mindset.
Live the new GSK IPT strategy and adhere to all ABAC and legal requirements.
• Continuously look for new business opportunities with customer segments that will drive GSK Irelands brand and sales performance
• Delivery the strategic plan through the KAM's within the National Pharmacy Chains and Wholesale primary buying groups
• Compliance with GSK policies and code of practice - WOW and ABAC
• Delivery of Commercial Operations sales €41.5M and profit targets
Impact of Role
• Severe Impact / challenge to the business plan in 2018 if Seretide were not to reach the latest plan at year end.
• Good understanding and insight into rapidly changing customer environment and ability to determine changes to strategic plans
• Very strong strategic thinker with past experience working within respiratory environment.
• Strong negotiation skills
• Effectively articulate GSK's trading strategies to internal ILT management level.
• Work across matrix teams including Marketing, medical, primary/secondary care sales teams, legal and supply chain hub to ensure trading strategies and service offer appropriate for customer.
• Excellent commercial acumen
• Proven ability to analyse financial data and make informed decisions
• Diverse problem solving skills
• Strong influencing and networking skills across all levels
• Negotiation skills
• Strong project management skills
• Experience of working and delivering in a cross functional team
• Strong team working skills with ability to work with variety of stakeholders
• Demonstrate flexibility, resilience and tenacity to drive excellent performance.
• Performance Mindset - drive for results and goal orientation
• Communication and flexible interpersonal skills
• Knowledge of the HSE/PCRS environment.
• High level understanding of the Respiratory environment.
• Experience and knowledge of Retail Pharmacy, PI/ Generics markets and distribution networks in Ireland.
• Execute brilliantly and Inspire others
• Work across boundaries
• Take accountability
• Focused - Work at a pace
• Develop talent
• Question and challenge
• Self- motivation
This is a 12 month fixed term contract
On job description
On job description
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Back to top