TPM Functional Consultant
- 3+ years SAP configuration experience in TPM, preferably with SAP certification in respective area of expertise
- Experience of multiple end-to-end market/site implementation project lifecycles
- Demonstrated knowledge and solution delivery experience across the end-to-end process that they own, acquired through delivery roles in global SAP implementations
- Knowledge and experience of SAP solutions in a FMCG environment
- Knowledge of the network of opinion leaders and subject matter experts relevant to their process area
GlaxoSmithKline (GSK) is one of the world's leading research-based pharmaceutical and consumer healthcare companies and is committed to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer.
In Malaysia, GSK has established a strong presence for over 50 years and is home to our operations in the area of pharmaceuticals, consumer healthcare, manufacturing, and Business Services Centre. GSK employs over 1000 staff in Malaysia.
GSK is an exciting, rewarding and dynamic place to work. We thrive to be different from the conventional corporate ways of working. We pride ourselves on exemplary leadership and sense of community, and we offer a great platform for your personal and career development.
GSK Business Service Centre
The Business Service Centre, Kuala Lumpur is GSK's first global hub in Asia and will play a key role in GSK's Core Business Services consolidating the organisation's global and regional service delivery in IT, Finance, Employee Services, Indirect Procurement and Worldwide Real Estate and Facilities into an integrated shared service network.
This role exists to define, drive, and deliver standard processes, data and IT systems which are :
(a) Aligned to the overall strategic direction for GSK and the GSK overall operating model
(b) Integrated into end-to-end process flows: driving alignment across multiple sites and functions to deliver value to the end customer
(c) Aligned to all relevant policies, procedures and regulatory standards
(d) As simple as possible and as complex as necessary aligned to Lean Six Sigma principles
(e) Structured to enable the adoption of simplified, standardized IT systems (especially SAP systems), minimizing customization and maximizing the adoption of embedded SAP good-practices
(f) Aligned to other internal and external best practices
This role is a core IT delivery role driving business change and IT systems programmes in the Trade Spend Management process area. This role requires a high level of knowledge in SAP processes and solution related to Trade Promotions Management, Trade Funds Management and Trade Claims Management. A good understanding of the integration between TPM/TFM/TCM and other SAP components (SD, FI, COPA, BW) is also desirable.
- Strategy and Architecture
- Ensures the SAP Landscape is designed for effective maintenance on an ongoing basis and GSK drives business benefit from its investment in ERP
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the SAP product set and its strategic direction
- Maintains an understanding of the relevant GSK business models and strategic direction
- Provides expert guidance, support and recommendations regarding greater leverage of the SAP product set to leverage greater business benefit for GSK
- Ensures that design aligns with GSK architectural requirements.
- Change and Major Activities
- Undertakes detailed evaluation / planning work for the early phases of the project.
- Defines the solutions which need to be delivered within the different phases of the ERP project to meet the business requirements
- Ensures that any business needs that drive a requirement for customization are strongly challenged and options for process redesign are considered
- Project Design and Deployment
- Ensures the SAP design is managed and controlled to maintain integrity of the template
- Ensures GSK Business Processes and Requirements are fully understood and aligned with the template
- Ensures the solutions designed within the Strategy are successfully implemented and that the benefits associated with the different solutions are realised
- Demonstrates exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Contributes to the successful development of projects from inception to successful implementation and fully operational status through excellent SAP functional knowledge
- Has excellent planning and execution skills which enable him/her to work effectively within tight change control and release management processes
- Work across organisational boundaries and within all Business Units
- Recognises, analyses and solves problems and resolves project plan deviations as they are encountered
- Actively shares resources, ideas and data to accomplish goals
- Provides knowledge transfer to other work streams as required for support of the solution
- System Support
- Work on support tickets providing resolution to break-fix issues, and deployment of operational changes. Demonstrate an ability to resolve complex issues, manage user relationships and delivery
- Able to schedule workload, report progress, manage multiple in-flight changes simultaneously
- Deliver to SLA, whilst ensuring the integrity of the template and the productive systems are maintained. Create a culture of delivering within SLA.
- Proactively seek ways to reduce the volume of support work, by identifying common/recurring issues, and proposing improvements
- Develops SAP functional skills and knowledge as required
- Develops expertise in pharmaceuticals\consumer healthcare industry
- Works with other functions within the IT organisation to identify opportunities for process improvements and assists with the implementation of those agreed
- Works with colleagues in other areas to ensure new functionality is successfully integrated
- Shares learnings and experiences with others to improve visibility and understanding of activities among peers and superiors
- Considers solution alternatives before committing to action and develop alternative solutions
- Develops trusted relationships with team-members and customers alike and encourages others to openly express their thoughts and ideas
- Influences effectively through building networks and using them to secure buy-in and support for plans and ideas and create "win-win" outcomes
Please apply online.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top