Telephony Service Manager
- Degree level education, or equivalent experience.
- Demonstrable service management training an advantage (ITIL or equivalent).
- Leadership Awareness of the ITIL Service Management Processes, Lean Sigma, ADP, Project Management.
- Experienced IT professional –experience with background in both projects and Service Management.
- Experience in managing or delivering telephony solutions.
- Good understanding of the global GSK business and experience of operating in either an above country, or a global service environment.
- Experience of service delivery and support organization management, including the development of support processes & procedures.
- Experience negotiating Telephony carrier and IT contracts.
- Previous experience of managing IT services.
Experience working with, and managing, external vendors.
- Experience in CISCO call manager.
- Experience in delivering telephony systems.
- Pharmaceutical industry experience preferred.
- ITIL and Lean experience preferred.
Job Description Summary
WHO ARE WE?
GSK has a 150-year legacy of helping to transform the health, lives and futures of millions of people around the world. We are a science-led healthcare company with more than 100,000 people working in 115 countries. Each year we produce around 4 billion packs of medicine, nearly 900 million doses of vaccine and more than 18 billion packs of consumer healthcare products. Our focus of helping people do more, feel better and live longer is at the centre of all that we aim to do.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THIS ROLE?
This role is accountable for the end to end lifecycle management for global Wide Area Voice within the Global Collaboration Services suite of products. This includes the management of a portfolio of global telephony carriers and overseeing the transformation from legacy carrier technologies to SIP and other technologies. The Product Owner will work with colleagues within GSK and external third parties to ensure all aspects of in scope products are properly managed. This role will also be accountable for overall ownership of Wide Area Voice initiatives associated with the lifecycle of the products. Other areas of responsibility include: vendor relationship management, product roadmap delivery/execution, development of product/service strategy, product/service risk management, product/service delivery accountability, and resolution of escalated issues associated with the in-scope products/services.
WHAT WILL YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES BE?
- Accountable for developing and executing the service, technology strategy, and business change management for one or more products/services within the scope of Global Collaboration Services.
- Manage and be accountable for the on-going relationship with both the service and management team of vendors associated with assigned products.
- Developing and executing any changes to the way the products/services are run and working alongside staff within the GCS Operational Services team to ensure changes are managed in the most appropriate manner.
- Driving a continued focus on keeping the products/services "evergreen" whilst also ensuring that the needs of the GSK Business Units are considered during any and all service changes.
- Functional accountability for assigned product service upgrade and decommissioning projects
- Accountable to ensure product plans are defined, communicated, and delivered as detailed on the product roadmap.
- Accountable to develop, communicate, and gain senior stakeholder support for the overall product strategy ensuring existing and future business requirements are satisfied.
- Accountable to ensure all product/service risks are documented and mitigated according to agree action plans.
- Ensure that in scope products/services are delivered in accordance with agreed standards and quality as defined within Service Level Agreements (SLA)/Operational Level Agreements (OLA) and further ensure sufficient service management processes are in place.
- Ensure resolution of escalated issues associated with the in scope products/services.
- Where Applicable, mange service to the agreed budget and unit costs.
- Accountable for working with procurement to define and deliver the sourcing strategies for the product area.
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
At GSK we are all inspired by the difference we make and challenge ourselves every day to improve the lives of patients and consumers. That's why we have created an environment where everyone feels valued, able to develop, contribute to our mission and be proud of what we achieve.
To support you in achieving your role and career ambitions you'll be given the opportunity to:
- Play an important role in delivering our mission
- Be an essential part of diverse, global team
- Develop others as part of your own professional growth
You'll also receive a competitive salary package including on target bonus, shares, private medical insurance, Company Pension Plan, annual holiday, private healthcare option, bonus scheme and a share purchase scheme plus a personalized career development pathway.
Interested in Joining the Team?
Please ensure you apply before COB 29th September 2017 to ensure you're in the running!
If requiring an adjustment for a disability, once selected for
Interview you may contact [email protected]
When applying for this role, please use the 'cover letter' of the on-line application to describe how you meet the competencies for this role, as outlined in the job requirements above.
The information that you have provided in your cover letter and CV will be used to assess your application.
Thank you for your interest in this opportunity.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top