Technology Manager, Pharma Business Partnering
The Technology Manager, Pharma Business Partnering mandate is ...
• To develop in Partnership with the Business and Technology Head a Technology plan that is aligned to the Canada business strategy.
• To actively influence the business strategy by providing a range of technology solutions and opportunities that will provide business value and help deliver enhanced business outcomes.
• Support the Business to prioritize and Implement technology initiatives that enable the businesses to achieve their goals.
• To ensure IT projects are set up with appropriate governance and actively lead the implementation of agreed projects.
• Build strategic relationships with critical technology partners, both internal and external.
• To ensure that global Technology shared services meet the needs of the business
• To be accountable to the business unit for the overall satisfaction with IT services and capabilities.
• To partner with functional lead teams to build multi year strategic IT investment roadmaps.
• Act as primary IT point of contact for Business Division/Units
• Regularly partners with senior staff and management up to Vice President Level to develop multi-year plans that are enabled through technology investments or exploiting core strategic platforms
• Assists with the development of IT roadmaps for Canada (~800 employees, $700M revenue)
• Accountable for technology selection and solution definition by working with local and global technical resources
• Write and obtain approval for business cases for technology projects that will impact several hundred users
• Accountable for the successful delivery of projects including ensuring projects meet time, quality and cost targets and ensuring that business benefits are realized from technology investments
• Driving effective change plans to ensure that we maximize the value of all technology investments
• Partners with Global Technology Support & Delivery organizations
• Responsible for external and internal technology scans and influencing the business cases for innovative technology solutions to drive business objectives (Innovation)
GSK is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. We welcome applications from all qualified individuals. GSK is committed to accommodating persons with disabilities. If you need accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information on our accommodation policies, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
GSK souscrit au principe d'equite en matière d'emploi et favorise la diversite et l'inclusion. Nous acceptons les demandes d'emploi de toutes les personnes ayant les competences requises. GSK s'engage à mettre en place des mesures d'adaptation pour les personnes handicapees. Si vous avez besoin de telles mesures à toute etape du processus de demande d'emploi ou si vous desirez obtenir plus d'information sur nos politiques en matière d'adaptation, veuillez communiquer avec nous à email@example.com
• Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or equivalent
• Expertise in Business Analysis, Relationship Management and project delivery.
• Excellent leadership skills working in line and matrix roles; strong interpersonal skills, including networking and teamwork abilities
• Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (i.e., frequent presentation to senior executives and leaders Across multiple geographies.)
• Ability to develop effective IT business Solutions, gain senior business support and align appropriate resources.
• Significant level of business consulting or commercial data handling experience in Pharmaceutical and regulated CPG Industries.
• Business credibility - demonstrated understanding of business facing IT and of the area of the business they are facing off to
• Evidence of driving business results through IT innovation and proven ability to use methodologies and tools to improve business processes and practices
• Evidence of facilitating business change, identifying and analyzing business requirements for new IT systems, and identifying creative solutions that maximize impact while minimizing time and cost
• Evidence of the ability to work independently with senior business management
• Strong personal effectiveness and strong influencing negotiation skills required.
• Knowledge and ability to work with different cultures.
• Experience with one or more of the following platforms would be an asset: Qlikview, Terradata, SAP, Salesforce cloud, Veeva, Contact centers, Adobe experience cloud,
• At least one of the following: PMP - Project Management Professional, Six Sigma and/or Agile certification
• Experience with GXP and Validation
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Meet Some of GlaxoSmithKline's Employees
Jasdeep finds diverse suppliers to build GSK’s pipeline. He organizes joint ventures with companies and negotiates pricing rates and payments to build a seamless supply system for GSK’s materials and products.
Back to top